Aloha, I'm New to This. (Cause of Tinnitus?)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RockyDoctah, Feb 1, 2017.

1. RockyDoctah
      Musical

RockyDoctah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not really sure...Bad ear infection?
      I am new to this forum, I just signed up today. I am 14 years old. Apparently, sometime in may of 2016 after I got back from vacation. And then like a day or 2 later while I was in bed, I noticed a ringing noise in my right ear. I didn't really think much of it so I just went to sleep. The next day my ear still rings... And then day 3 of ringing in my ear I went to the doctor. I was diagnosed with swimmer's ear which makes sense since while I was on vacation I swam on the beach a lot and maybe I got salt water in my ear or something.

So I was prescribed some kind of ear drops to help the swimmer's ear go away.

Maybe like a week or so later I went back to the doctor because my ear still rang... Also, a new sound appeared in my left ear. It is slightly more high pitched than my right ear. I got used to my left ear ringing quite fast, though. And so apparently, my "swimmer's ear" had turned into a middle ear infection. I was prescribed pills to make the middle ear infection go away. And unfortunately, my ear still rang even after 10 days of taking the pills before I go to bed. :confused:

It's really confusing how my Tinnitus can stay for This...Freaking...Long... So, I went to an ENT and the doctor looked in my ears and said they look fine. Then, the doctor cleaned out my ears and then my hearing was tested to see if I have a hearing loss or not. Surprisingly, my hearing is perfectly normal luckily. I forgot how good it actually was but the doctor says my hearing is very, very good. The doctor said my allergies could be the reason my ears sound like they are ringing. But the thing is, my ears didn't feel full at all. I can't have a hearing loss because my hearing is almost too perfect to even be damaged. I didn't even hear any really really loud noises either, Like close gunshots, explosions, any super loud sound.

Could the ear infection I once had damaged my inner ear or something? Can you guys tell me how my Tinnitus could have Started and is there any way I can possibly make it less loud or even make it go away?

Yes, I know there's no cure. But Tinnitus really drives me nuts sometimes. Especially when a new sound joins in. I've had this darn ringing in both my ears for over 7 months now. Will it ever go away? Will it improve? Will it keep getting worse?

I've also noticed my Tinnitus getting worse like 5 days ago... Oh boy, Like whenever I hear another sound sometimes my ears will seem to ring louder than usual. Sometimes it can be high pitched, too. It makes me not want to listen to a white noise anymore. I've even started to become really tired because of this Tinnitus spike. Please help me? :inpain:

For a long time after I got Tinnitus, I rarely notice Fleeting Tinnitus as well. (Tinnitus that only lasts for 3 or 5 seconds and sometimes makes you feel deaf for a little bit.). Please reply on how my Tinnitus may have been caused. I hope it doesn't ever get worse and I hope it starts lowering in volume, whenever. I just want to be happy again like before I got kicked in the teeth by Tinnitus.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to reply. I used to take Claritin for my allergies but now I take Zyrtec, like 2 days ago I started taking Zyrtec for my allergies.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I take cinarazine for my allergies and helps with inner ear problems like menieres and can help tinnitus.
      It sounds like a virus causing your ear infections has caused your tinnitus and only time will see if it goes away.
      Keeping allergies under control will reduce the mucous in your tubes and could help your tinnitus...lots of love Glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi RockyDoctah,

Welcome to the site.

For someone who is 14 years old, you are quite articulate! Excellent job.

Unless the reason for your tinnitus is due to ear wax, asking the doctor if it will go away is the same as asking one of us; he or she simply does not know.

Anyway, don't like tinnitus consume your life. Countless millions of people have it worldwide and the majority of them lead normal lives. Once your brain gets sick and tired of the noise and no longer perceives it as a threat to your nervous system, it will no longer cause you to be anxious and you will sweep it under the rug! Good luck!

• Useful Useful x 1