Also New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Eddie, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Eddie

Eddie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Hi everyone,
      Another new member finding this forum :) From Brisbane, Australia.
      Some background, I have constant tinnitus in both ears (louder in the left) and it varies in volume with tiredness, first thing in the morning etc. I suppose you guys know who this feels (sounds). I thought I'd join this forum as it would be good to talk to people that understand what this is actually like, it's hard to explain to anyone who doesn't personally have this themselves.
      Currently I've not tried any form of therapy or relief, but I would be open to suggestions.
      Look forward to talking to you all,
      Eddie

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eddie

Eddie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Perhaps I ought to add a bit more:
      My tinnitus is almost certainly music related, I go to a LOT of concerts, I'm a music lover (understatement). As years went by the ringing in my ears took longer and longer to subside until a few years ago, it didn't subside at all. It's been there ever since. I have a high pitched and continuous 'weeeeeeeeee' noise, can't find a way to describe it better, think aeroplane engine noise and that's close. I wonder if there's a description for each of the sounds we live with ?
      I noticed that if I'm tired or sick then the noise is louder than when well rested or healthy, I actually use this as a diagnosis of my current state in fact, ironic I know :)

3. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Welcome Eddie!

Nice photo!

Did you know that you have a bird sitting on your shoulder?! :D [kidding]

Is the bird a pet?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eddie

Eddie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      It's a pleasure to be here. The crow on my shoulder was a bird in distress that needed a bit of rescuing, it's not a pet :)

5. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

I feed the birds outside my business everyday. None have been in distress though.

6. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Welcome Eddie, yes we understand your condition. This is a great forum of people.:)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eddie

Eddie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      I have a thing for animals in need of help, birds in particular :)
      There seems to be some awesome people here, I hope we can help one another. I'm just about to join the Australian Tinnitus Association to see where that leads.

8. Danny
      Fine

Danny Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hey welcome to the club....Make sure when you join Aust T and A theres no link to Tinnitus Miracle Cure....lol....Nice Pic

9. Polly Davidson

Polly Davidson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Eddie, your tinnitus sounds quite severe. It may be worth inquiring if there is an ENT center near you that does white noise retraining therapy, it means commitment from you for about 6 weeks but it can certainly reduce the noise level of the tinnitus making it more bearable.

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eddie

Eddie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      LOL yes I've seen the miracle cure claims and treated them all with an appropriate pinch of salt.

Thanks for the tip Polly, I'll hunt out a local ENT centre and see what they have to offer. It's certainly louder when tired, particularly so this morning, but I know tomorrow it will be quieter when I've not had to get up so early.

11. Lord of the Ring
      Cheeky

Lord of the Ring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Same here: rise and shine early in the morning usually means a one-instrument concert in my ears all day long.