Always Give It a Try!

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Jul 17, 2018.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi TT Fam,

I am here to write another motivational post and I hope it helps someone on this site....so here it goes:

Lately I have been having a tougher time than usual. As I have posted in some threads, my body pain has been off the charts and I almost rushed myself to the emergency room the other night. The pain has been really bad and very scary. In life If I face an issue, I will always read up on the internet, call a friend or just talk to someone to get some opinions on how to handle my issue. I have had body pain for over 11 years and been able to function and even thrive with it. When I first got fibro, I stopped all gym and major activities for close to 7 years.

The depression that hit me was unreal and each day I was very sad due to my situation. Then one day I said that enough is enough, I am going to do what I love doing and go back to the gym. I went back and started my routines again.

For the past 2-3 weeks my body pain has been very scary, I am use to pain...but what I was going through has been a NIGHTMARE. Fibromylagia is a difficult disease to handle. So many good people are suffering from it. Having extreme pain all over the body is very difficult. On Thursday night, I had severe pain and could barely walk and function. I had night class in my martial arts studio. i was in the mood to train but I was in so so much pain.

I took a shower for 20 minutes and let the steam water hit all the pain points. While in the shower I told myself that I still have time to go to the studio and practice. So, thats what I did. My body was in less pain because of the shower but still in good amounts of pain. I still could not fully walk or function.

I went to the studio, and that whole week they were doing kicks and defense. I got nailed in the knee, thighs so many times and I knew that I should have not went to class that night. I was reading posts, reading articles about fibro and what could be causing my latest pain issues.

After I kept reading I read how some folks live by warm baths and how their bodies heal a bit while in a bath. So I decided to try that and my pain is a bit better. I will just wait and see how this new possible routine helps me or not.

folks I was in the hospital for blood pressure issues about 2-3 months ago. I really had no blood pressure issues, I just ended up due to a false diagnosis. My biggest issue was not ME, it was my 3 little dogs and 2 of them are very sick. I had NO ONE to take care of them. I was calling people and begging for help

I had a distant friend who decided to help me out. I had to text and call to remind this person to please do not forget to give my dogs their meds. I'd call and text and i'd get no responses. All of this while I am on a hospital bed scared for my animals. My animals are my life right now, they give me strength to carry on daily and live my life.

I never got a confirmation about the meds and if they were given on time. It was a mess and each day stuck in the hospital simply scared me more and broke my heart.

Folks, I found a nice doggie hotel that I used when I went on vacation last time. I thought the staff was awesome and very caring. I called that same spot today and spoke with one of the owners. I expressed how I felt and my concern for my dogs. These folks loved me and they loved my dogs and wanted to help me, in anyways they could.

So I have arranged with them, that if i have an emergency situation, they will help me out and take care of my dogs. It took effort, heart and the WILL POWER to fix this situation.

I have listed 2 major examples for you folks. This CAN apply to tinnitus, we can still try many things and hopefully something helps us out. You just give it a try, we need to try things. Never let tinnitus stop us, we can still live our lives......

I am not advising anyone to do hot baths or do what I did with my dogs....This post was to just show how we can give it a try and possibly move further and be a little happier in our lives.....Sorry for the long post :)

Bless all of you...

PS-I have 2 major dr appointments coming up and I want to know why my body is acting the way it is...

PSS-If your body hurts please do not be like me and train. rest and let it get better :)

PSSS- This post is simply to motivate you, to always try. keep at it and something could possibly help you/US.....

• Like Like x 5
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @fishbone,
      I hope you feel bettter soon and rest up as your body needs it.
      I know how it feels as get lots of pain with OA and RA but have to rest up when my breathing goes nuts and simple tasks hard to do,then I bounce back and keep pushing forward and enjoy life till I need rest again.
      Your a male version of me fishbone not letting life or health get you down .
      love glynis xxx

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    3. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Hi Fishbone
      You are powering through as ever, you never give up.
      Blessings to you and your little dogs.
      Eve xx
      @fishbone

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @fishbone

- you are an inspiration my friend

Dave xx

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Oh fishbone. I know that if any one of us lived close to you there would be no doubt that we would take care of your puppies and you. Not one second thought.

I would. If I lived close by just one text would work. I would drop anything to help out.

You are a special person.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Where *do* you live @fishbone?