An Option for People Who Don't Want to Need Earplugs in Movies

Discussion in 'Support' started by linearb, Jan 22, 2016.

1. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It just came to my attention that AMC does special screenings of movies, aimed at people with autism and other sensory disorders:

https://www.amctheatres.com/programs/sensory-friendly-films

Note that part of this is to allow people who can't sit still to be able to move around, so, there could be some distraction involved. Perhaps eventually, there will be "tinnitus friendly films" that are only different in that they are quieter.

However, if you like theaters but hate feeling like you either need to wear earplugs or take a big risk, this could be a good option!
      :rockingbanana:

• Like Like x 1
    2. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      It really is insane how loud movies are. Even the movie theater I went to with my 2 yr old and 0 yr old that was made for children (booths, food you could order, easy to get out when kids got bored) was so loud that I covered my kids ears multiple times. There's no reason for it whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Agreed. I went to an IMAX version of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens and almost got blown out of the theater. I was wearing molded ear plugs AND industrial ear muffs on top, so I wasn't worried. But I saw kids all around me with no ear protection at all.