Antibiotics Cefdinir and Keflex (Cephalexin) Safe for Tinnitus Sufferers?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Seth, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Seth

Seth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      fireworks
      Hello everyone,

I have a rough case of strep throat. I got it a month ago and was given amoxicillin as this usually causes no problems for my tinnitus. This time I was recommended Cefdinir or Keflex, by two different doctors. Internet research which is always dangerous anyway, has revealed mixed information on both regarding tinnitus.

Does anyone have any experience and or information to ease my mind about taking either of these two antibiotics and if they are safe which I would be "most" safe?

Thank you so much in advance! I have had tinnitus for 18 years and this is actually my first post on one of these forums!

Seth

• Like Like x 1
    2. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I'd love to know this as I'm being told to take this for sinusitis effecting my Eustacian Tubes supposedly and they want me on Z-pack which doesn't look good for side effects so want something safer.

3. tormentingtandh

tormentingtandh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Azithromycin
      Seth, how did the cefdnir pan out for you? Did it increase your tinnitus? If so, permanently? I need to take this (or doxycycline) for a UTI… just wondering how it affected you?