Anxious from Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rainbowsheep, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      Hi.

Me again, haha. Well. The thing is. I think my spike is gone. Or almost gone. I still have the new sound that my spike came with but it has subsided to it's very mild baseline loudness, which is well. Nice. I can hear silence again. Almost. Or you know. I can sit in a quiet room without getting upset and alarmed because my ears are screaming like a siren. Sometimes it's loudness goes a bit up but not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning so it's manageable.

And you know. All these things are great, they really are. I am so damn thankful that I am not stuck with that screaming sound in my right ear, but the problem is that the spike somehow unhabituated me I think. I am super, duper anxious that my T spikes again and I can't seem to get my mind off of it. I search for it everywhere to see if it has spiked again (which I know I shouldn't) and whenever the volume increases (or seem to have increased) I get really upset and sometimes almost start crying.

I don't really know what caused the spike in the first place, which somehow makes it a lot worse because I am terrible at handling uncertainty. It would make it a lot easier if I just knew so I could avoid doing whatever caused it to spike in the future. I'm thinking, though, that it might have been from clenching my teeth.

When my T spiked my panic disorder and anxiety (which I have been stuck with years before I got T) was really bad and I have a terrible habit of clenching my teeth whenever I get anxious and I have noticed that the volume of my T went down as soon as started reminding my self to relax my jaw and massage it from time to time.

But well. I guess the point of this terrible long post is to well. First of all get it all out there but mostly to ask if you have any tips to "get rid" of the anxiety or tips to get my mind off of that damn T of mine so I can start living my life without being anxious all the time again.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus has a mind of it's own and in the early month's it will yo yo and spike but should settle to a base sound you can relate to and class as a base sound and know as long as you have not put your ears in danger of extra loud sounds it should calm down over a few days.
      Love glynis