Any Advice on What to Listen for My Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by maria-ambia, Feb 23, 2018.

1. maria-ambia

maria-ambia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Recently I was advised to listen to noise canceling sounds but whenever I do so it starts increasing the noise making it harder to work.

I have beside tinnitus, hearing loss that is actually what prevents me from listening to music or anything really, wearing earbuds is not even an option sometimes because it feels like my tinnitus is challenging me.

I sound insane but whenever I increase the volume the sound gets even louder getting to a point that my head starts to hurt.

2. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      Experiment, to see what works well for you. I use an iPhone app called Sleep Pillow that has lots of different sounds, and allows you to create mixes of up to three sounds. At night I like to listen to crickets as the high frequency chirps do a good job of distracting me from my major T tone and noises. The tracks provided by this website are excellent also. Good luck, Trebor.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      You may be experiencing reactive tinnitus. I've always masked my tinnitus with a similar pitched masking sound but I'm now now shying away from that thinking myself.

4. Chris809

Chris809 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      Can anyone please help with sound therapy for reactive tinnitus (hissing)? I would really appreciate it!