Any Arthritis/Pain Reliever/Anti-Inflammation Meds That Are Safe with Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MarkLud, Feb 6, 2020.

1. MarkLud

MarkLud Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise/music/unknown
      Hey all. Have pretty bad tinnitus but am honestly coping well with it now that it's been 4-5 years. My big issue lately is I've got some form of arthritis/muscle neuropathy/etc. that doctors can't figure out; long story short, I'm so stiff in the morning I can't move and am constantly pulling muscles/cramping up.

Basically, my question is if anyone knows of any safe meds that I could try to deal with this issue that won't potentially make my tinnitus worse? I've found Motrin (Ibuprofen) and Tylenol (Paracetamol) cause pretty bad spikes, which go away after a few days to a week, but I need something for more permanent usage. Tylenol + Hydrocodone doesn't seem to cause spikes, but that's not really a preferred long-term option either.

Thanks for any help!

2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @MarkLud -- Why not try to address the root cause of the pain you're experiencing? I'd be surprised if a bit of intermittent fasting for a few days to a few weeks couldn't clear a lot of it up (especially if combined with a good diet). Do you drink coffee? If so, maybe give that up (coffee flares pain up in my body).

Lots of things a person can experiment with here. -- I have a very sensitive system, and can easily get many of the same symptoms you describe. But I've been able to manage them pretty well by uncovering some of the root causes. If you do need some pain relief, you might want to consider DMSO/Magnesium Oil topical applications. -- Best...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarkLud

MarkLud Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise/music/unknown
      Thanks ... I only wish it were that easy when it comes to finding the root cause. I've seen every possible doctor in my area, traveled to Cleveland Clinic three separate times. No dice so far. I've tried the intermittent fasting and ironically it was one of the few things that made my tinnitus flare like crazy, lol. Didn't seem to help with the stiffness, sadly. Coffee/caffeine definitely makes the stiffness way worse, so I very rarely drink it.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Have you been checked for Lyme Disease?

How about your thyroid gland?