Any Chance to Get Better?

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by maniu, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. maniu

maniu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-04-2014
      Hi, so this is my story, in my country Poland there is a tradition to shot by a carbide canon for Easters, unfortunatly I was too close for one expolosion, I felt dizzy and my ears started to ring for a moment, after a while everything was OK, in the morning I noticed that my ears are so so sensitive for any sound, and in the evening started to ring.... after a horrible 6 days I noticed that is getting better, even after a shower I heard a silience for a few min, next day was Ok too, the sound was not to loud, and half of the day I even forget about it. But next day morning again loud sound , so depresing.... now again the sound isn`t so loud but I can hear some of the sound almost all the time. It is already 8 days. Ahh I went to doctor, he checked my hearing and it`s OK, and gave me a medicine LAVISTINA (Betahistini dihydrochloridum)

Is there any chance to get better ? or probably I have a new friend for collection for my entire life ??
      Thanks for any help

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi @maniu -

You are at the eight-day point. Your brain is still trying to figure out what is going on in terms of your recent noise insult. Do not even begin to think in terms of whether or not your condition is permanent.

At this point in time you need to do three things, in my opinion:

(1) Avoid excessively loud sounds - no more canon shots without adequate ear protection.

(2) Avoid the natural tendency to over-protect your ears - try to keep some softer sounds around you, especially at night.

(3) Realize that boards like this are populated by folks whose tinnitus has not resolved on its own, or they wouldn't be here! But do keep in mind that they represent only a small percentage of those who have ever encountered what you have encountered. Because for most, it just seems to settle out in time.

All the best -

Dr. Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 2