Anyone Else Get Psoriasis with Their Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JohnAdams, Sep 21, 2018.

1. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Pretty much immediately after the onset of my tinnitus, my fingernails started growing out with pits in them, which I have found is linked to psoriasis. I'm thinking maybe I have some sort of nerve damage which could be the underlying cause of my tinnitus.

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

2. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I get a lot of dandruff and itchy scalp.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      I have had psoriasis for 50 years, I’m now in my sixties. It can erupt when going through emotional trauma which might be why there is a link for you.
      I’ve also had T for a long time but it became much worse this year. I’ve been off this site for a while but T is being a real s0 and so at the moment.
      Psoriasis like T is a law unto itself. It can also go away, mine is so much better than it used to be, unlike T sadly.
      Eve
      @JohnAdams

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @JohnAdams, just to mention, hearing loss and tinnitus are common in tick-borne diseases. And... neurological damage is common in tick-borne diseases as well. I don't believe the neurological damage associated with tick-borne diseases has been scientifically connected to the tinnitus, but I think it's a very valid hypothesis. Given this, I think your suspicion that your tinnitus is connected to some sort of nerve damage has merit.

I've read that a number of researchers specializing in tick-borne diseases believe there are many more out there than we're currently aware of. Some estimate there may be as many as 300 we're currently unaware of. Any one of them can cause many health problems, including neurological and immunological.

Some people have had success with using LDN (Low Dose Naltextrone) to modulate their immune systems. I suspect a dysfunctional (agitated) immne system, with its chronic cascading release of cykotines can likely be a cause of tinnitus, and/or easily affect its intensity. So I think there's the potential for LDN to help with some cases of tinnitus. -- Below is just a sample article on the connection between tick-borne diseases and tinnitus.

BTW, I think modern science is only in the infancy stage of understanding infections that are common in the body. They've got a few major ones down, but I suspect there are hundreds they don't know about. I think any number of them could potentially cause tinnitus, resulting from chronic immunological agitation, including auto-immune conditions--which I've suspected could be the cause of some cases of tinnitus. -- Also, I've heard psoriasis (which I have extensive experience with) is an auto-immune condition, though I'm not positive that's the case. -- Best!

STUDY FINDS HEARING LOSS AND TINNITUS COMMON IN PATIENTS WITH TICK-BORNE DISEASES

A new study finds that the majority of patients with tick-borne diseases admitted to an outpatient otolaryngological clinic in Poland suffered from hearing loss and tinnitus. In the article, “Otolaryngological symptoms in patients treated for tick-borne diseases,” Sowula and colleagues from Jagiellonian University in Krakow review the records of 216 patients, ages 18-55, who were evaluated in their clinic for tick-borne diseases between 2014 and 2016. [1]
      by Daniel J. Cameron, MD, MPH

@suze

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    5. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      John you are going through quite the metamorphosis. Bright yellow with strange fingernails. You’re becoming some sort of tinny Hulk!

6. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      I have mild psoriasis on my feet. Started 6 months after tinnitus.

7. MichaelP

MichaelP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown - Potentially noise/stress
      Hi John,

Did you ever find any link between the two (psoriasis and tinnitus)? I actually got psoriasis many many years before tinnitus (but only a very small localised bit), but I've noticed recently that the fingernails on my thumbs both have a raised ridge across the middle of them, which I believe is linked to eczema, psoriasis, or some similar kind of skin condition.

Perhaps it is just brought on by stress as the above poster mentioned. I have had quite a lot of that!

Cheers,
      Michael

8. Davey
      Amazed

Davey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/01/2000
      I got psoriasis on my feeth, hands, elbows and knees. I got it when I was young, around 8 - 12 years. I got my first tinnitus tone at the age of 12.

9. Badger19

Badger19 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I also have an auto-immune disease, but I don't think they are linked. My tinnitus clearly started (and got worse) after a noise trauma.

Unless there is an autoimmune disease which destroys/weakens part of our inner ear (and I've never heard of this) they are unrelated. I guess we just din't win the genetic lottery.

10. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I wrote this in an other thread as well, but it's so weird that my ekzema on my hands, fingers stopped since I got tinnitus. My headaches and migraines lessened. The tinnitus is ruining my life at the moment, I'm in the fight or flight mode all the time for 2 months well documented on this forum, but other medical conditions got better without doing anything to them. Maybe coincidence, I don't know.

11. acute
      Depressed

acute Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      A co-worker of mine have tinnitus and psoriasis.

His tinnitus began 3 years ago, but I don't know when was his psoriasis onset.

Anyway, he now has both conditions...

12. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Mathieulh Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chronic headphones use and acute noise induced trauma.
      I have had psoriasis ever since I was a teenager and it actually calmed down drastically 2 years ago when I stopped all junk foods. It never changed since then, even after my tinnitus onset 7 months ago, which happened since a noise trauma, so I don't think these conditions are related.