Anyone Else Here with Hissing Noise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Yes! when I extend my neck out my T kicks in and is super high pitched. Thanks for this
      info. I was just learning all about TMJD and the SCM and when it's super tight and I have all the symptoms! ! I am going to find a chiro or PT asap.

2. Codaz

Codaz Member

Thing is, that I never got any PT "homework" to do. The physiotherapist I'm seeying this week was very hesistant with that, because he said you might clench your teeth more and we don't want that. His collegue treats me most of the time on tinnitus.
      Every week when I visit their office they look worried when I say I have pain :(

3. Clair Davies Manual Trigger Point Therapy workbook Volume 2. That is what I have used on/off for my tight muscles but I need professional intervention. .I also clench all the time and I can't help it. It's awful. I am in daily pain

4. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Codaz
      Yes, I've always been able to increase my T with pressure on the neck or turning my head. Tell me about physiotherapie.

Mark

5. Codaz

Codaz Member

@Mark McDill

Full report comes when it comes, I don't know if that is in a month, a year, or 20 years, or never, but it will come on this forum. For the progress thus far see this topic and read my posts:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...etc-possible-treatment.500/page-23#post-80034

Look for a physiotherapist that has experience with tinnitus patients and knows how to treat TMJ + Neck. My guy says I don't treat shoulders, as I have my expertise not in that field. Look for neuromuscular therapy as well (I'm starting with it soon). Wear a bite splint if you are clenching / grinding your teeth (find out if this is the case).

6. Mark McDill
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Codaz

Thanx; I'll try to find a physiotherapist that specializes in T in the Omaha area; I might have better luck looking for a neuromuscular therapist. I know I'm wound tight as a drum (not good).

7. Codaz

Codaz Member

@Mark McDill try a different pillow, maybe it helps. And wear the bite splint on daytime too.

8. Mark McDill
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have a pillow designed to keep my upper cervical straight (that helped a lot) but I don't know where to get a bite splint -- help?

Thanx

9. Codaz

Codaz Member

Dental surgeon, he can do an Xray of your jaw as well to see if muscles are overtightened (they show up a bit retracted / moved inside), at least on me. He can prescribe that bite splint as well. Or look for a gnatologist.

Where did you get the pillow designed for the upper cervical?

10. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Been a while since I've been here. I have not done this in a while. Sorry about the neck pain. The stretches should be designed to reduce it. Ever consider getting your neck checked out?

11. Codaz

Codaz Member

Yeah I'm being treated at a phystiotherapist for my neck since my T started. 8 months now and very very slow improvement.