Anyone Else Live Under Flight Path?

Discussion in 'Support' started by josf3, May 27, 2017.

1. josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      Couple days after I got T a flight path was moved under my house. Lucky me right? The planes start at 5am all the way till 12am.

The biggest concern I have is my ears not resting during sleep and being exposed constantly to aircraft noise while I am sleep.

It's been 4 months with these planes, thinking of soundproofing window.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Depends on what type of planes and how many. If its large passenger planes constantly than not likely to be great especially if you are bothered by it. I lived for years by a military air port. The planes weren't constant though and actually the helicopters were the worst for noise and even vibration. I live across from a small airport now - but I don't think either affected my T or H. Lots of planes constantly though is another matter - maybe you can monitor the decibel levels in your house to see just how much noise.

3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I personally wouldn't worry about that, as the actual decibel levels are probably not that high due to the distance and your surrounding elements. It may be bothersome, but I doubt it's harmful from a loudness perspective.
      If you really want a confirmation, get a Sound Pressure Level meter and measure loudness.

I'm also a "lucky one" who had flight paths changed towards my house about a year ago.

4. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Right under the flight path, planes don't bother me when the windows are closed but as I try to listen to birds outside or rustling trees the planes are a big inconvenience.
      But we moved here 3 years ago, have put lots of energy in the property, we won't move...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      What about when you sleep? Thats my biggest issue with this. I can sleep with the noise of planes and do not care for them but at 5 in the morning when im awoken by the rumbling of planes, I start to get mad when I realize that after a long day of noise instead of my ears resting at night they are having to deal with 80db planes every 30 seconds during my sleep.

6. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      How do you know they are 80 dB?

7. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      I have lots of helicopters flying over my house. Some raddle with a lot of vibration. Twice a year, there's a military air show in my area and they practice flying all afternoon for several days before the weekend events. I also have a neighbor right behind me that's running power tools all day. Several neighbors have high pitched barking dogs. Then, there's always someone with fire works. The 4th of July is always a problem. WELOME TO CALIFORNIA. I grow up in wooded areas in New England with little noise.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      In my neighboorhood the airshow is everyday. Literally. And whats crazy is I live 20 minitues away from the airport. All my life living in this house and never heard a single plane. But Couple days after I get T and what decides to happen? Planes flying low right over my house every 30 seconds all day and they are still going at it. I dont mind the noise during the day but when its time to sleep and I want to rest my ears the sound of that plane coming from far and me knowing its just gonna get louder and louder as it approaches pisses me off.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      Just assuming because the planes fly low and right over my roof. The planes sound as loud as thunder.

10. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Don't assume... you can measure.