Anyone Feel Their Head Is Screaming at Bedtime?

Discussion in 'Support' started by noisebox, Oct 7, 2015.

1. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      This is weird I know but my head does weird things when its time to go to bed. It seems to literally scream at me, but it is not my normal T its something else. If I am able to get any decent sleep the scream will be gone eventually. I recently started melatonin just a quarter at 9pm and keep wondering if it is them. I've never known anything like it. Of if its the hyperacusis part that simply has had enough by that time. its really scary and quite sad asI am unable to just stay up like normal, I am actually forced to bed to try to sleep.

2. dokeeffe58

dokeeffe58 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001?
      I think sometimes I have the same thing! It feels like a really loud but not painful sound that seems to be in my head. Eventually if I try and think about something else it either goes away or I just stop noticing it. I know just how loud it can start to sound and yes it is frustrating. But yeah, maybe try and put your mind to other things, that seems to work for me. Good luck!

3. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Mine raises in volume as the day wears on, probably posture and muscle tension related.

It can be incredibly frustrating that it's louder at the very time you want it to be at its quietest but for me lying down and trying to push it out of my mind as I drift off seems to help.

4. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      mine screams the same all the time. i guess there is something to be said for consistency :(

5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Same...constant screaming 24 7.