Anyone from Mauritius Suffering from Tinnitus and Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dilshaad, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Dilshaad

Dilshaad Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection in ear
      Hello

Is there anyone here from Mauritius suffering from tinnitus and hyperacusis?

Kind regards
      Dilshaad

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. DavidSupertramp
      Cheerful

DavidSupertramp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma and TMJD
      Hey Dilshaad ! Indeed im afraid T is almost everywhere even in Mauritius. Please check your inbox and contact me asap.
      " Weekend p vini ;) " and Have a good day .

• Like Like x 1
    3. Chris16
      Festive

Chris16 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just got it and man it's such a pain. Is there anything I can do to cure it or atleast reduce the intensity of the sound? God, it's killing me!

4. Chris16
      Festive

Chris16 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Anyone? I need people to talk to. My family sort of understand my pain but they can't possibly understand the real amplitude of it. Is there any Tinnitus support group in Mauritius? svp respond moi, mo supplies zot

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. Bhavish

Bhavish Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe because of earwax buildup
      Hello, I am from Mauritius and I have tinnitus since 2016. It's so annoying like when whenever I want to sleep silently this high pitched sound prevents me from doing so... Do you still have it??

6. Kimberly Denis

Kimberly Denis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety or meds for anxiety
      Experienced Tinnitus as from June 2018. I have not been able to comprehend whether it was because of severe anxiety or the medicines consumed for anxiety ( Xanax 0.5, Fluoxetine 20 mg, Amoxillin Tihydrate, cetraxal otico).

I experienced severe stress because I was not getting my period for 3 months coupled with severe back pain. This was a result of constant harassment at work (I was a Marketing and Sales exec)and being laid off due to the related internal politics. I would have been better if I fought back but for the first time in my life, I did not fight back and this proved to be nefarious for my health. Searching for symptoms on the net made it worse! I started to believe I had serious diseases, further rendering my anxiety severe.

Coming back to my 24/7 Tinnitus (developed at the same time as my anxiety), at first it was scary. I gradually developed coping mechanisms thanks to a Muslim priest who also studied psychology. I had a psychiatrist and a psychologist (both caring) but this priest made my healing easier. I had developed an extreme fear of death during that phase and he helped me identify where the fear was coming from as well as rationalize my fear! Else before it would feel like someone else had control of my brain. Understanding my fear and acting on it made me regain control.

All my blood and ear tests turned out fine btw but still no sign of why Tinnitus is present. One ear doc speculated it is because of my nose allergy which I have yet to treat to see if Tinnitus stops.

Besides practicing yoga (with Adrienne on youtube), breathing techniques and positive affirmations, I also did sound therapy and reflexology (with a contact of the priest) and ended up not needing medicines anymore for my anxiety (stopped all medicines in July, despite initial refusal from my psychiatrist, managed to convince and show him I was ok on my own).

Sometimes the intensity does increase but breathing techniques help reduce the volume. It is like a constant alarm and instead of feeling bothered about it, when the volume increases due to random stress, I remind myself that it is instead an alarm to tell me to stop the worry and prioritize myself now.

Ah also, my mom's friend had Tinnitus for 2 years, it stopped after she stopped her anxiety meds. It came back for 1 week when she started taking meds again but the first day she heard it, she did not take meds the next day. It went away. Hope will be same for us one day too:) In any case Tinnitus for now is a friend instead of a foe. But hopefully a friend that will go away soon XD