Anyone Had Frequent Fleeting Tinnitus Episodes Before It Became Permanent?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thuan, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Thuan

Thuan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hi guys,

I used to have tinnitus on my right ear only. I just realized today that my severe tinnitus spike is due to my used-to-be good left ear developing tinnitus. I suppose that's why I felt my tinnitus moved to the center of my head and that my good ear was feeling full for some days on and off. I remember having frequent fleeting tinnitus episodes on my good ear, about once a week.

Has anyone who has gradual acoustic damage have these frequent fleeting tinnitus episodes before it became permanent?

2. asey20
      Curious

asey20 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 13, 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure.
      I don't think I was having gradual acoustic damage, even though I use headphones they aren't at a loud level but I kept getting SBUTTs and then all of sudden tinnitus. First happened in my right ear and then in my left. I honestly don't know the cause though. It may be stress for me. Hopefully this doesn't last.

3. Tisyuck

Tisyuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs
      I had temporary tinnitus for <48 hours after wearing earplugs for a few days on two different occasions last year. This was around late July and Late August 2019.

Those were my warnings. I knew I should never have worn them again. But because I have hyperacusis and was not living a life of FULL-AVOIDANCE like I should have, and also because wearing earmuffs for hours on hours a day caused soreness on my head from the clamping pressure, I gave them one more try. That third time the T became choronic. It was bearable though 2/10. This was around October 2019.

But then I decided to continue to wear them and then 2 months later one day in Jan. 2020 I got immense pain from the earplugs and the T jumped to 7/10. It has gotten as high as 13/10. It's still here.

4. JR2020

JR2020 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multitude of factors
      The three months before I had full-onset Tinnitus I had more frequent and louder fleeting tinnitus episodes. Maybe a couple times each week. I just figured it was a weird little neuro-quirk that I was going through. I had no idea that there was such a thing as chronic permanent tinnitus. I would have definitely taken some precautions (stopped listening to music through headphones, vitamins, steroids) if I knew that fleeting tinnitus was a warning sign for a life-Changing. Although at that point, it may just have been a matter of time until a triggering event. Can’t know.