Anyone Hear of This Before? Pitch Change/Additional Pitch With Change in Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'Support' started by David12, Apr 4, 2015.

1. David12

David12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      HI, i'm Dave, I have had tinnitus for quite some time, at incredible volume in one ear. But i have a question that someone can help with.

i have a really high normal (really loud) ~5700 hz constant sound... but when i tighten my stomach muscles when i'm laying down, suddenly i get a pitch at 440hz kicking in as well. Has anyone read a case on here about changes with blood pressure?

i used an online tone generator to match the pitches i hear. Thanks for any links in the forum that may help. I assume it is a blood vessel nearby the inner ear maybe if i can get a change with blood pressure but i don't really know.

Regards,
      Dave

2. Shawty
      Insomnious

Shawty Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably an ear infection or damage to the eardrums.
      Hey David,
      I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't know anything about blood pressure or ear infections or any of that, but whenever I tense up my neck/neck muscles my T gets so loud it overpowers max volume headphones. I have habituated my T for the most part, but I know that if it gets louder, changes pitches, or adds pitches it's that much harder to bear.
      My point is that I don't think it has anything to do with blood pressure and all that, though I admit that I don't know what else it might be. My advice would be to get an inexpensive ear check up or clean your ears if you don't normally. If anything happens after you clean your ears/get a check up, notify someone about it.

Well that's about all I can say. I hope you get 'better' from your T. :3