Anyone Know What This Tinnitus Is?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Anthonyr, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ok, so very recently. I can hear what appears to be some sort of engine or generator in the distance. I keep looking out my window to see if there's something there. It's super loud though and it's actually making my head feel like It's vibrating. I already had a high pitched hiss. But, this noise is on another scary level. Feels like everything is shaking from a external bass noise. But, no one else hears or feels it.

Anyone knows what this is? I'm freaking out.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It's tinnitus. Go down the diagnosis path with your doctors to try and find a root cause.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      But, if I block my ears. I can not hear it? This is the weirdest tinnitus ever.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Anyone know what I am talking about and if there's any good maskers for this sound?

5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It can be "reactive Tinnitus" (you'll have some people refer to it as hyperacusis too). You should really go down the diagnosis path to learn more about a possible root cause (which may be fixable).

If your ears react to external sound then masking could be a challenge. Maskers need to be similar (in spectral distribution) to the noise you are trying to mask, so the latter can be mixed and drowned by the former. If you have a rumble noise, then look for low frequency sounds (other rumble types, perhaps more soothing).

I have bass sounds that come usually at night to add to my usual high pitch whistle. When they first came I thought the neighbors were playing loud music.