Anyone Try Nortriptyline?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Carlos1, Feb 4, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      I've been on Remeron for about 6 months my Doctor wants to put me on nortriptyline ..has anybody tried this Med lately and what are your thoughts.
    2. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Yes. I tried a few doses and had a bad reaction unfortunately. i had early morning tremors in my body in semi sleep state shortly after starting this drug. And when i stoped it, i had a nasty spike in my tinnitus for which i had to slowly taper off this drug( i only took 2-3 doses before so dont know how i developed dependence). No effects in T for me while on this drug so its not for me
    3. Johnster

Johnster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have been taking notripltyline for about a month (25mg to start, now up to 50 mg), and it seems to be working very well for me. I am also taking lipoflavenoid, celexa, and clonazapam. I think the notripltyline has definitely helped with my ringing, especially going from 25 to 50 mg.
    4. OnceUponaTime

OnceUponaTime Member Benefactor

New York
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies or Acoustic Trauma, Stress
      @Johnster Are you still taking nortriptyline?? Is it still helping?? Thank you. My doctor suggested this medication. One 10mg at bedtime for inflammation of the nerves.
    5. william adams

william adams Member Benefactor

S Jersey
      Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Didnt like the way I felt and had occular migraine so I take xanax .05 three time a day and it seems to reduce T and anxiety..
    6. LadyDi

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Florida, USA
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This thread really shows how people with the same condition can react differently to the same medication. One size does not fit all. Thanks to all for the feedback.