Anyone with Good Hearing in High Frequency 8 kHz - 20 kHz? Please Look

Discussion in 'Support' started by Keiv, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Keiv

Keiv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      I wanna ask what do you do to preserve your high frequency 8khz-20khz? and how old are you?

Like do you wear earplugs in everyday environment such as driving, walking in the street, eating in a restaurant, office work, grocery shopping etc/

When do you start wearing earplugs (do you follow noise guideline)?

Lastly if you have more advice please share

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Keiv,
      Its not good to wear earplugs unless around sounds harmful to your ears above 80db as you can over sensitize your ears and develop Hyperacusis /sensitive ears .
      Hearing with age loss is inevitable so normal have hearing at 20db boarderline comes to us all and below that our hearing loss can be more Noticeable.
      Protect your ears when around loud sounds and always handy keep noise reduction plugs in your purse or wallet with tinnitus.hope this information helps you...lol glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      You need some serious psychological help... all your threads have to do with this obsession about high frequency hearing!!

4. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      I can hear up to 18khz(probably at 100 decibel tho) and i'm 34. i'm not doing anything special, it's just a genetic thing i guess like the tinnitus :(

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I do nothing to protect my hearing that I didn't do before T. Just common sense stuff like not listening to loud music etc.