Anyone with Tinnitus Who Have Been Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sam12, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Sam12

Sam12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi,

I have had tinnitus for the last 10 years and most of the time it has been manageable as I only hear it when it is too quiet. I just found out I am pregnant (about 5 weeks) and I have been noticing my tinnitus more frequently now. Now it may be stress because my pregnancy was a little quicker than I planned and I am still waiting for it to sink in so I can say I am a little stressed. :(

And one more thing, I do suffer from anxiety disorder so you see I overthink everything and then Google everything and then start panicking.

What I found during my extensive research online :p A lot of people said they experienced tinnitus during pregnancy but I wanted to ask from people who had pre-existing tinnitus and then became pregnant. Did they feel any difference in their tinnitus? And if it did become worse, did it go to prior levels after pregnancy?

• Good Question Good Question x 3
    2. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Curious to know this as well. I actually asked the same question in reddit and a good amount of people mentioned theirs didn’t worsen thorough their pregnancies.

• Like Like x 3
    3. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      I've have had tinnitus for about 8 years and it was severe and down to moderate. My son is 3 and half years old and when I was pregnant it was fine until my last trimester. They ended up putting me on Zoloft to help with the anxiety and to manage the noise. In your last trimester the baby can make your serotonin levels drop. BUT every women has different experiences and you have to keep that in mind and try not to get yourself all freaked out. I'm about 6 weeks right now and with my second I've noticed a little more anxiety and the tinnitus has spiked here and there but I also have to taper off Clonazepam again. I was on Clonazepam for years the last time I got pregnant and they tapered me off and put me on Zoloft. So, I think some my dread comes from that. My son is healthy and happy. It wasn't easy for me but I have zero regrets.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Dhaych

Dhaych Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced - musician
      First of all congrats... secondly if us guys had to deal with pregnancy and tinnitus... I think the world would end :ROFL:. Hopefully yours won't get worse... try keeping away from this forum and Google if you can ;)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam12

Sam12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Thanks for the reply. I hope I feel the same but right now it is rally tough for me to concentrate on anything else. I am just hoping that whatever I am hoping is stress induces and it subsides soon.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam12

Sam12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Haha I know Google is the worst for people like us. But it's so tough. I try to rationalize and feel a little better and then start panicking and googling non-stop.

• Hug Hug x 2
    7. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      Just remember, stay calm. Take a shower. Turn on the TV and try and watch something. At this stage in our pregnancy it's so important to stay calm. If the anxiety feels overwhelming, talk to your OBGYN. I found out I'm only six weeks after a visit and talk with my doctor about medication that I'm on. It really helps having a doctor who knows what they are talking about. Download an app called What to Expect, it will keep you focused on little ones well being. But don't forget you and making sure you feel good. Every pregnancy is different! So different! Don't ever think your experience may be like someone else's. And finding ways to stay calm and distracted may help. Message me if you need to talk!

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1