Apparently I Am an Interesting Case?

Discussion in 'Support' started by untamed wolf, Feb 22, 2016.

1. untamed wolf
      Chatty

untamed wolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      So I know this sounds weird but I just had to share. I went to the physiotherapist a few days ago and my mom gave me a ride. At the end of the session he booked me a new one and my mom asked "is there even hope?" He replied that he was not giving up and that I in many ways were an interesting case. Now I don't think that isn't flattering, but then again I think I know what he meant.

I am 17 and A LOT is wrong right know. I have the weirdest TMJ problem because my bit is only off on weekends and every muscles in my body is overused. Mostly the right side though, the same side as the T. When I fist meet him he could already see that my c-somethings were totally locked and my back -due to poor posture - was bend a little.

Now I have been massaging every possible muscle but I am not very good at it, it just end up hurting. When I got home from the physiotherapist the next day my T was so amazingly quiet, then it went up after a few days. I can get it to quiet down when I massage special spots in my neck and get it louder when i twist my neck and bite and move my jaw. I can also get it to quiet down after a hot bath but when i dry up it will oscillate like crazy... it happens when I sneeze also (just my luck).

This leads my to the question. Is there a chance this will help? Prior to my T I had sinus infection, self-esteem problems, bad posture, hurting jaw problems and watched a lot of computer with my head and back in strange positions.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      how much time a day do you spend seated, especially in front of a computer?

3. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @linearb Hey linearb why do you ask that? I spend 8-9 in front of PC my shoulders especially my left side the side I have T on is always pins and needles.
      hhmmm

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      untamed wolf
      Chatty

untamed wolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      @linearb I would say too much time. On a bad day a little over or under 8 hours. Do you Think it could me related. When I stay seated for a long time my body gets irritated and do to my spine problems I have troubles sitting straighten up.

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I bet it's not helping, anyway. You could try doing some yoga and stuff and see where that gets you...

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      untamed wolf
      Chatty

untamed wolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      @linearb I have been meaning to but since he Said my back was bend and i was locked in the neck I have been afraid to do it. I don't want to make things worse. I will try slow. And ask my physiotherapist if it is safe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      I'm a 32 yrs old software engineer, i've being using computers since when I was 12 years old.

Those are 20 years of constant bad posture and alot of chronic muscle overuse. My problem now is not T, but chronic pain, in my neck, jaw, temples, back, sinus area, forehead...

And yes, when my pain is high, my tinnitus is also high (seems like they share the same paths, they work together as a team jeje)

My worst side is the left one... there are sometimes that I can't be in front of a computer because my arm and neck just hurst like hell.... and yes! my Tinnitus in my left ear is the worst.

I read a post days ago here in TT, about someone been told by his/her physical therapiest that there is kind of bad posture epidemic, that brings pain and.. yes! tinnitus.

Keep working around all of those problems in your body, there are some of them that maybe can't be fixed forever (like Tinnitus), but for sure! will make the other ones become less and less intrusive.

I'm managing my pain, and I'm ok with it. My tinnitus is not a problem right now for me.

Best of hopes for you!
      Johnny.

8. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

I have had TrP injections that immediately get rid of my t in right ear..I also have tmjd.

9. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      I'm afraid being described as an interesting case might well just be medical spiel for "I really don't know what to do". I say that because I too am an interesting case (actually, I think it was unusual), but being unique has made no difference to the treatment, or lack thereof.

Mine comes and goes, gets louder and quieter, shifts from central to the ear and moves ears, all in a 24 hour period.

As an example, last night, I had a really bad spike that lasted a couple of hours, just as I was planning to go to bed. Around 01:00 I fell asleep as it became quieter (apparently being more tired often makes it worse - I have never found this connection) and woke at 07:00 for work this morning and it was still quite quiet. Whilst getting ready for work, it got a bit louder for around half an hour and then for about 10 minutes, it disappeared altogether, before returning at a nominal level. This sort of thing happens every single day. The only difference is that the loudest periods are not quite as loud as they used to be and the frequency of hearing silence has increased from maybe once a week, to two to five times a day.

Oddly, even though I am thinking about tinnitus, mine has just briefly disappeared again, but give it a few minutes and it will be back!

10. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is interesting. I always thought T could have some relations to the jaw, gums, neck and even shoulder.

11. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      Mine too changes constantly. In a morning quite quiet, sometimes goes up a little eating breakfast. It can go up in a shop with electrical sounds in then down. By bed it's a high hiss that when I go to bed I do deep breathing and it goes right down.
      One day it has a day of spikes altered by his I sit and my concentration. The next nearly silent until evening high hiss.
      But my audiologist says this does not happen, that I imagine it, and my mind makes it change.
      But it's been doing the cycle for months now, just the overall volume each day is going down.

12. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      Mine too is getting quieter and my audiologist just looks confused when I say I get periods of silence and that the volume goes up and down throughout the day.

It is a painfully slow process, taking months rather than days to change, but the overall level is definitely lower than it was. About 6 months ago, it was loud enough and broad spectrum enough for me to have to ask people to speak up as I couldn't hear normal speech over the top of it - I thought I was going to go completely deaf.

Recently, I have also started to notice sounds that I forgot were present all around me. I can once again hear the high pitched whine of the switched mode PSU inside the monitor in front of me. The periods of it being really quiet and sometimes silent are also getting longer and more frequent.

It took a year of allergic responses to a prescription drug before it became apparent, so even if f I am one of the lucky ones to have it disappear, at best, I think I'm looking at a minimum of another 4 to 6 months before it is quiet enough for me to ignore all the time and probably at least double that before I don't notice it at all.