Apple Cider Vinegar Works

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by .bill, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How come? What if you were to just eat butter, honey, nuts and cakes? It would be easy to eat 5000 calories a day (or even in one sitting) on such a diet. Wouldn't that allow you to gain all of the weight you want?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      i been eating salad dressing made with apple cider vinegar for years now, never noticed a difference.

3. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems
      I can eat nothing but horrible fattening food and BOOM some weight gained, and then once I quit eating like that it just melts away. Someone I used to work with decided it was their goal to "fatten me up". They brought cookies and junk food and set them right by me. It was the most I have ever weighed. Then they quit and it all just came off. I don't like to continue to eat like that cause it makes me feel bad. I love vegetables, fruits, and good food. Don't get me wrong I still eat plenty of "naughty" foods happily.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How I envy you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the way human metabolism is Supposed to work... It is depressing that scientists are not studying people like you in an effort to bring this gift to the rest of us.
      Same here, but I certainly miss eating dessert.

5. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Issue is if you get sick there is no reserve and if you had a reserve it depletes fast.

Oh, no. I'm all about my desserts right now. I don't skip or miss out on them. :) Happy balance.

• Like Like x 1
    6. ughbree

ughbree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late January early February 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
    7. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      Hey ughbree(and all). It's hard to tell these days as I just moved from NY to NH on 2/18. I love our new place and all, the only problem is it's very quiet! I love it but it also means I can hear my T, ALL THE TIME. I still take my ACV twice a day but not sure if it's helping, although .bill took his for 5 months and I'm far off from that.

The thing for me is that I drove a U-haul truck for 5 hours during this move. I dunno if you ever drove a truck like that but it is loud as fuck! So I was basically listening to an engine roar at almost movie levels for 5 hours straight. I don't think my T has spiked but it makes it hard to tell if that is indeed the case. I notice it much more now that our new place is so much quieter than the old one, in general. I'm trying to remain positive about everything but some times it starts to grate on my nerves for sure.

On the plus side my employer is letting me work from home now. On the negative side that means I don't have the office noise to take my mind off the ringing during the day. Of course I'll do my best to distract with NPR and such so hopefully it does the trick. Anyways, I guess the answer to your question ughbree is "it's going".... :p

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Lucy B
      Dancing

Lucy B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine)
      Most of you seem to have gotten T from an ear problem. I got mine from a medication (plaquenil). I have had my ears checked many times by different ENT"s and there is nothing wrong with them.

ACV has Its antibacterial properties. I wonder if that's the correlation?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    9. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Lucy B I got my T from a neck/jaw/head injury. I'm currently trying it out too. At the very least for inflammation. Can't hurt to try it. I've already noticed side benefits even if my T hasn't chilled. I'd be curious to see if someone who got T from medication might see any results.

I'm also started turmeric tea since it is supposed to really help with TMJ related inflammation. (Jaw inflammation and muscle spasms have eased.)

10. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey all. Just reporting in.

I've been taking this stuff regularly for 7 weeks or so now. Unfortunately I don't really feel like it's doing anything for me lately. Perhaps my initial success was that it cleared up SOMETHING? I don't know but at the very least I don't seem to get the reduced T feeling after drinking it like I was getting. I'm still going to take it but just wanted to chime in and see what other folks say or think.

• Like Like x 2
    11. Emily62

Emily62 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don’t know
      Hi all, I’m new to this forum but enjoyed reading all your posts. Tinnitus has become much worse in the last few weeks, so definitely going to try the ACV. Had been taking it a few months ago to help with weight loss but I ran out of it, need to get some more. My T never bothered me during the day until recently, now it’s there all the time, only in my left ear. So if ACV works, maybe you have to keep taking it?
      Thank you all for your useful information. Will let you know how it goes.
      PS. Greetings from Ireland, wishing you all a very happy St. Patrick’s Day, however you choose to spend it. ☘️☘️☘️

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was on the AVC for two week, then life got too busy. Was off for two and now I"m back on it. I thought it was kind of giving me a lower volume time, but I don't think so. I know it takes a while so I"m trying harder to stick with it.

Does anyone know if the pills would work? I know the life cultures and the mother aren't in it. (Plus, the liquid is still cheaper. It's just hard to do on the go.)

13. Tammy Rowe

Tammy Rowe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle ear infection- otaglia
      I would like to know how .bill is doing today. Are you still t free from apple cider vinegar? No one gives any updates so just want to know

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lately it's been hard to tell. It may very well be. I tried going off it for 24 hours. That evening though I seemed to have a more intrusive ringing. So the next day I started taking it again and things are back to "normal". I guess I'll still be taking it.

I'm trying to focus more on taking my mind away from the T as well which is why I'm trying to not visit the forum too much. Kinda trying to get my brain to forget about it. Being distracted definitely works but over time hopefully it'll turn into a permanent fix.

I actually got myself to sleep without my sound machine for 4-5 nights in a row but figured I'd go back to using it in hopes it'll get my brain to be distracted from the T better during the night.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Has anyone suffering from Ototoxic T tried this?

Thank you .

• Useful Useful x 1
    16. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Do you have tinnitus because of ototoxicity? How is your hearing?

17. Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      My hearing is fine.

18. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Does vinegar really help?
      Who tried and who had a positive effect?
      Have you got apple cider vinegar?
      I eat salted cucumber pickled in vinegar - can it come up?

19. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Your tinnitus sounds like how I got my tinnitus from a neck/jaw misalignment.. How is the ACV??

20. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I really haven't noticed much change. I'm still taking it, but I don't notice when I miss it. I know the original poster says it takes many months almost 5 I think? The side benefits of it have been nice, but I haven't notice T change.

Actually I think turmeric tea provided the most relief.

21. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey folks, I'm back with a SUCCESSFUL update!!

So I've continued taking the ACV twice a day and as noted by others I wasn't sure if it was helping, just keeping it in check, or doing nothing at all. Over the past 3-4 weeks I felt my T was slowly becoming much less annoying. I was kinda sick of taking the ACV twice a day so I knocked it down to just once. Luckily no spike happened or anything.

Fast forward to today, 2 weeks later or so, and my T is pretty damn low! I def can still pick it up in quiet places but it is not just habituation I think, because it is noticeably quieter. I even braved plugging my ear for a few seconds to listen. I still have a flare once in a great while but I've been so chill about what's going on in my head/ears that shit doesn't even phase me.

That said, last night I had this awful dream where someone cranked up a TV which was also playing two extremely loud high pitched sounds. I basically went deaf in the dream except for some high pitched T. It's probably just my subconscious worry that it'll come back worse than ever but so far it's still very low. I'll keep taking the ACV once a day but once my bottle is done I may stop and see how it goes. I still am not entirely sure what caused my T though which really annoys me. Like most guys I'm all about finding out what the problem is and fixing that shit, so it sucks when you don't even know the cause.

In other news I moved to New Hampshire at the end of February and am loving it! Our apartment is so quiet, and now I might even be able to enjoy the silence!!! Hope everyone else has similar success!!

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    22. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll keep with it. I switched down to once a day, twice was too much. Also did pickle juice since it is high in apple cider and I eat a lot of pickles.

Keep us posted if you do quit for a while.

23. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Low 20 years high sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Are you sure it is the vinegar and not something else?

24. Adzy
      Transparent

Adzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle Ear Infection
      Bill,

I literally have this on my counter from my wife buying it last week, for no other reason than her saying she wanted to try it out. I am absolutely going to swig this and it has the mother in it. Thanks. That said, you said you also used the nasal spray to block one of your eustation tubes. So three questions PLEASE sir, ignoring the possible god-help cider sign sitting on my counter.

1. Why do think it's the cider over the spray unblocking the tube? I would go with the unblocking being your cure.

2. What made you think it was unblocked somehow? More air going through?

3. Why did you chose the sinus spray over the netti-pot salt solution, assuming you've tried both. In feel the netti pot does a better job. That said I saw a you tube video about how to better use nasal spray and havnt tried it.

Please, when you have a minute. Congrats on your silence!

25. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What nasal spray did you use?

26. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am going to start using this vinegar, hope it works for me too. If it does I will make you my hero.

• Like Like x 1
    27. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      Began ACV (with turmeric) 3 capsules ACV, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 c. warm water. It's sour. But, right away there was tingling in my ear after a few sips. By the time I was done there was moisture in my right ear. I still have tinnitus but it seems to be a little less loud. Could it be this changes the pH?

28. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Could be. I know when ever I hear something about changing the bodies pH levels apple cider is at the top of the list.

29. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Does not work for me

30. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You haven't been on it that long. From what people post it can take months.

• Like Like x 1