As Someone with Anxiety and Tinnitus Please Help

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zach, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Zach

Zach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am getting my wisdom teeth taken out in 10 days, and was told by my dentist that they were impacted about 9 months ago. Over the past year I noticed I have tinnitus and it has been getting progressively worse. Last night I could not sleep due to how loud the ringing was. I have been getting pain from my wisdom teeth and have been taking ibuprofen to combat the pain.

My question is, is there a good chance that this ringing is related to my impacted teeth? I have read online that there is a small chance that there is a correlation. Please help :/

2. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Hi Zach

Welcomr to TT. I notice in your profile picture you are shooting a gun. Were you wearing ear protection at the time?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zach

Zach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I always used proper ear protection, but I haven't gone shooting since the ringing started in fear of it getting worse. I also have not worn headphones for my computer or earphones for music since it started. I was more so looking to see if the worsening of the ringing has been due to my impacted wisdom teeth coming in.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Could be your wisdom teeth effecting your jaw joint.
      ibuprofen can cause tinnitus also have a read of the side effects.
      You may have tinnitus for other reasons like loud music or the gun and just started show as tinnitus.
      Time will tell after your impacted teeth are removed...
      Try keep sound on around you day and night and through the night set below your tinnitus or mixing point...lots of love glynis

5. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Zach,

Welcome to the site! That is an excellent question you ask! I would like to know the answer myself.

Please keep us updated following the procedure.

6. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

Zach, are you saying you also suffered from anxiety before you got tinnitus or is that new also?