Aspartame—Tinnitus Connection

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lulubug69, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      There seems, for some, to be a connection to Aspartame and tinnitus. When I came across a list of things that soda can cause, tinnitus was included.

I decided to do a little research and came across an article (not sure how to post it here). If you're interested, it was written by Dr. Betty Martini, the title is The Aspertame-Tinnitus Connection. It's quite interesting.

I gave up soda and artificial sweeteners a while back and still got and have tinnitus but, who knows, maybe someone might find a correlation and get some relief when Aspartame is removed from their diet.

2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I think I’ll give up diet soda as almost all of them contain Aspartame. The zero calories isn’t worth the potential tinnitus exacerbation. Water is better for you.

————————————————

Aspartame is also ototoxic. It damages hearing and causes or worsens tinnitus. (See our previous article, Neurotoxins and Tinnitus. An excitatory neurotransmitter, Aspartame also excites brain neurons and increases levels of electrical activity in the brain and auditory cortex.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Jupiterman

Jupiterman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden loud noise
      Let us all know if you notice any difference.

• Like Like x 1
    4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      It might be a long shot. I wake up in the morning with my right ear quiet and my left barotrauma ear noisy. No easy fix. I think some of it is do to inflammation. Some of us have to suffer I guess. I never get 2 quiet days in a row. I’m going to try neck physical therapy soon.