Autophagy: A Novel Horizon for Hair Cell Protection

Discussion in 'Research News' started by David S, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Watch Hazel share good news about tinnitus
    1. David S

David S Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Autophagy: A Novel Horizon for Hair Cell Protection

From time to time I read on the forums that extended fasting (dry or water) helped people to improve or even cure severe tinnitus. Among others @Telis reported grate improvement. This study suggests there might be a link between Autophagy and hair cell protection.

I have done a couple of 72-hour water fasts. I had some short term significant improvements but nothing long lasting yet. I will continue to do this every month or every second month.

3 day fasts are not too hard. I usually start Sunday morning and stop Wednesday evening. It does not stop me from working etc. The first 2-3 days I can be as active as normal. The last day is normally a little harder but still ok. Hopefully there is also some general benefits with fasting so no matter the effect on tinnitus, this is not a wasted effort.

For me Autophagy is the most promising treatment for tinnitus and it seems that it can promote self healing.

I would love to hear you thoughts and wish you a happy weekend!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. OptimusPrimed
      Spaced

OptimusPrimed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - Repeated gun blasts
      My tinnitus is from guns. Severe and constant in right ear along with sound distortions.

I have tried 3 day fasts and they didn't help me. I hope it helps you.

Cheers.