Awful Sound and Uneasiness

Discussion in 'Support' started by victoria9273, Aug 30, 2017.

1. victoria9273
      Amused

victoria9273 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Use of earbuds
      Just sharing experiences here. One after the another - what's happening to me? :)

I recently again heard a small bus creaking horrible noises when it stopped at the station. Well, those kind of bus makes that sound all the time but this one was really loud and a prolonged sound.
      I wasn't sensible enough. I thought it would soon pass so I didn't block my ears and the sound got long and louder and then stopped.

Those kind of air-tearing sounds..... afterwards, it gave my recent tinnitus a worse turn and a slight sharp pain sound I hear is more muffled and not right. It's really stressful but I find consolation that it's all passed and am now in my quite home. I am thinking of using my earplugs again more vigorously!

But life just went on and I am now sitting on the desk writing this thread. I really wonder how my life will turn out to be with sometimes an optimistic, and sometimes morbid view. Those unexpected incidents, be it good or bad ones.

I'm now concentrating on reading Crime and Punishment; it's the most intriguing and exciting novel I've ever read and I read 120 pages a day. The translator did a great job in making sentences flowing and easy. Would it be the same when I read the original Russian version?
      And doing my best to study and listen to music. Drinking lots of water and eating properly with some stretching might do me a good mentally and physically.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I decided to wear earplugs whenever I am outside of my home. I plan to do this until my T settles (a year or two after onset).

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Вы знаете русский язык?

У Достоевского предложения длиной в страницу... Но все равно - слог своеобразный - читать будет интересно.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      victoria9273
      Amused

victoria9273 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Use of earbuds
      I'm reading a penguin version of it and there are so full of interesting stories. And that peculiar clickering sensations and uneasiness whenever the main character goes... a bit...

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Is it the case that you are reading an abridged version? Like I said above, Dostoyevski is notorious (among Russians) for having run-on sentences that take up a page. The books are good, but they are not particularly easy to read.

Anton Chekhov is my favorite Russian author. If you like amusing anecdotes that let you time travel to 19th century Russia, you ought to check out Chekhov's short stories.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      victoria9273
      Amused

victoria9273 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Use of earbuds
      Am I completely fooled? I seriously hope it's not and there is no indications of such either. It's 600 pages long and my The Brothers Karamazov is over 1000 pages long. It's said that Marilyn Monroe quite liked Dostoyevsky, is it not?

I've always had a very positive and good feeling about Anton Chekhov. I will give a try on that one.

• Like Like x 1