Balancing Hormones May Reduce Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jul 20, 2016.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I still think the best way to reduce the perception of tinnitus is hearing aids amplified a little higher than normal, especially where the tinnitus is located. However, a amplification must be clipped at a safe level.

However, I have a theory that if hormones can be balanced somewhat, it may reduce tinnitus but I doubt get rid of it. I found this article that may help you find out whether you may have an imbalance. I have no idea of the scientific validity of it but I think it does make some interesting points.

If you think this has a legit possibility, try something out. At one point, I drank a lot of water and exercised on a treadmill for 3 weeks straight at about 3 miles a day at a speed between 3 to 3.5 mph which is a walking speed for me. I also took a small amount of melatonin around 9 p.m. After 3 weeks, the tinnitus seemed to drop a notch for a while but then I stopped exercising. During that time though, it wasn't eliminated but it seemed to go down a little. I don't think it was all in my mind as a placebo. I have also taken some other things in the past that have affected hormones and it had an effect on my tinnitus.

The trick for me is getting the right balance. It can be hard for me to balance them steadily over a long period of time. If you guys think I have a point, please tell me.

If you guys think I'm completely off, please tell me. In no way, do I think it can completely eliminate tinnitus but hopefully take it down a notch.

If anyone knows a consistent and scientifically proven way to balance hormones please let me know.

http://www.heartspring.net/brain_improving_happy_balance.html