Barometer and Tinnitus Raising

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AndrewLong, Mar 25, 2015.

1. AndrewLong

AndrewLong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1996
      Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to T. I started suffering after protracted IV therapy of Vancomycin in 1996 and have pretty much suffered in silence (pun intended) since then. I have occasional pulsatile for about 3 years. My Doc said that one of the major side effects of the antibiotic is deafness, so I should not complain about tinnitus. It has been increasingly worse and I have noticed that in time of barometer rising and high pressure it is almost maddening. I have a weather station that measure barometric pressure and that has confirmed my sense that it is worse when high and rising to high. Rainy low pressure days are the best for me...maybe I should move to London or Seattle. Anyone have that rising barometer thing?

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Andrew, welcome to TT. I have started to keep track of the BP & T level. So far my readings show that when there is a sudden increase or decrease it raises my T. The results are somewhat preliminary, I have only been doing this for two week, so to early to tell, but I do believe the is a coloration between T & BP. I have a link here that I found interesting regarding BP all over the country. it actually is for people with bad migraines & the BP. I am assuming you are in the US, you're profile does not have your country.

http://blog.securevideo.com/2013/10...esulting-from-changes-in-barometric-pressure/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AndrewLong

AndrewLong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1996
      thank you, Gary, I will go to that site and check it out. Yes, I live in the US, I'll have to go back and add info to my profile. I will have to pay closer attention to the decreasing pressure too.

4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Let me know if you see any correlation, I will do the same....

5. Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      I have found also that sudden barometer changes affect tinnitus.