Been Reading for Months, Now I Say Hi!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The Frenchie, Oct 20, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Frenchie
      Insomnious

The Frenchie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013, worsened 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Maybe ETD
      @ManuSony Here, make a presentation of yourself and explain how it started I'm sure we will be able to help you!
      You can read my story too if you have time, you might learn a lot of things too, because I did and I'm FRENCH so you can!

Have hope.

2. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      Je suits francophone aussi (j'habite a Montmagny)

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Frenchie
      Insomnious

The Frenchie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013, worsened 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cool man didn't know that. J'viens de smoke ça faisait 1 week. J'ai fumé quelques tops aussi et bu 4 beers, man chaque top que je fumais ça me faisait peak my T.

@IAmCalifornia
      -_-

4. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      Ouais si tu decide to quitter le pot tu va avoir beaucoup de probleme dormir mais sa ameliore... sa ma pri comme trois mois pour moi...

Je devais clarifier je viens de Montmagny originalement mais j'ai demenage aux Etats Unis en 2009

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Frenchie
      Insomnious

The Frenchie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013, worsened 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      T is loud today.. and more like a 'issss", sound.
      :(

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Frenchie
      Insomnious

The Frenchie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013, worsened 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ** UPDATE **

Okay. So I have a perfect hearing in both ears. Even in high frequencies... I've been able to hear every sound in both ears.

Also, I got normal results for the tympanometry.

Next step: ENT in 5 days.

I'll show you the results of the audiologist when I get them.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Frenchie
      Insomnious

The Frenchie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013, worsened 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Audiologist

@Greg Sacramento "perfect hearing even in high frequencies"

The last test he did is to measure things about my hair cells in the middle ear. Not sure what it was, but I had weird noises playing in my ears ( I was not in the "quiet room") and he was measuring if the sound would reach my hair cells and come back...something like that??

Left ear: good result except the last noise

Right ear: good result except the first noise played.

ENT tomorrow morning. :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Frenchie
      Insomnious

The Frenchie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013, worsened 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      **UPDATE** @Greg Sacramento

Oral cavity exam: everything is fine but he could tell that my teeth are worn. He told me that the left side of my jaw is "less stronger" and that I must be eating more with the right side..

PULSATILE TINNITUS: told me that this is kinda normal and that if I want a scan, I'll have to ask my family doctor (Dec. 10th). Usually, even with a stapedial arterty, he told me that this is really sketchy to go play there..

X-RAY of neck and spine: told me to ask my family doctor to get a prescription. He told me that scoliosis and bad posture can be related with Tinnitus.

FACIAL NERVE: Told me that people with infection / blocked glands have swollen parts in the face (not sure if I say it right).

EAR-DRUMS: No scars at all on them, they are fine.

NASAL CAVITY: No deviation.

DYMISTA: Told me to wait for my nose to stop bleeding and that I can continue taking this drug if I think I need it.

VITAMINS: Told him that I must miss some vitamins because I don't eat well. He answered that this is very rare for a human to need vitamins (wtf). Gonna ask my family doctor to get my blood/vitamins check.

TICKLING IN MY EARS: Told me that it must be electrical impulses going on in my inner ears....

• Informative Informative x 1
    9. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Agree - Any twisting motion of jaw on just one side can be a problem.

Agree - but PT isn't always present.

Yes - get a neck X Ray. Scoliosis doesn't directing cause tinnitus, but interactions with nerves and muscles will.

True and this would include salvia glands where they could also be over active. Swollen glands can relate to cervical mandibular problems. Incorrect posture, SCM muscles and thyroid are some possible reasons, but actually there's many things (300) that can relate to swollen glands.

Yes - get your blood/vitamins checked.
      I think that vitamin use may not help much with tinnitus, but lack of B12, D, iron, and magnesium levels could give less protection for those with tinnitus. Magnesium will deplete with acoustic trauma.

• Informative Informative x 2
    10. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You said scoliosis wouldn’t cause tinnitus, but nerves and muscles will. What would you recommend? A physical therapist or something else?

11. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      • Informative Informative x 2
    12. sakrt
      Tired

sakrt Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Specific issues
      @Greg Sacramento: You seem very knowledgeable on radiology terminology and I have similar symptoms alike @The Frenchie. For issues of pulsatile and/or thumping sounds, are the persistent stapedial artery (PSA), vessels, arteries, nerves and muscles (e.g. TVP) very difficult or easy to review on imaging?

I imagine it depends on type of MRI/MRA, and it's confusing enough esp. the difference between like T1, T2 vs. T3 - w/ or w/o contrast etc. for the best modality. Could any of this even be seen on a CT or CTA? (that many people w/ ear conditions are instead told to do over MRI).

Sorry to ask so many questions as no one in the field seems to know, which is very frustrating. Thank you

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Frenchie
      Insomnious

The Frenchie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013, worsened 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TICKLING IN MY EARS: My ENT told me that it must be electrical impulses going on in my inner ears....

Is it possible? I wanted him to tell me if I had eustachian tubes dysfonction and he answered that the tests I've passed with the audiologist = I don't have ETD.

I'm skeptical about this conclusion because my symptoms appeared all at the same time: ears plugged, hyperacusis, higher pitch of tinnitus, hearing "tics" in my ears..

At this time my back wasn't really hurting. Now it is.

Symptoms appeared some days after 3-4 days streak of music festivals (was dumb) and I am the kind of guy that goes in the mushpits..

Maybe I've hurted something in my neck/back.. I don't really know..

I am pretty sure I've damaged my hair cells... But even if I have a "perfect" hearing (in high frequencies too), why would all of these symptoms appear at the same time.

This is soooo confusing.

I am very thankful for your help Greg.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Frenchie
      Insomnious

The Frenchie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013, worsened 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Helloooo!

I kept reading the forum here and there for the past 4 years even if not commenting anywhere.

My tinnitus has improved A LOT in the past few years. BUT, I think I've worsened my tinnitus a TINY bit in both ears (particularly the right one) recently.

I went out a month ago or so and the music was very loud. I had no protection. That same night I had a big spike but it seemed to fall off the day after.

It's either the loud club that caused the spike or the fact that I am vaping (flavored nicotine) a lot these days OR the fact that I've taken some drugs (NSAID) recently to ease the pain of my ankle.

(I've broken my ankle).

"The usage of NSAIDs at excessively high doses will induce inner ear disturbances, causing tinnitus and mild to moderate sensorineural hearing loss. These otological side effects are often transient and reversible after the cessation of NSAID consumption."​

I knew that this type of drug (Tylenol, Naproxen) could be ototoxic but didn't really remember until a few days ago when I took a Naproxen pill and felt a spike when trying to fall asleep.

The tinnitus is not loud enough to make me anxious but I hear a few "tics" here and there. I can feel my heart beating more often when lying down and a tiny spike has been there for a few days now.

Sleep well everyone!

** I have not been wearing any headset, earphones for the past 4+ years. At first I thought I could not live without these but if you are wondering if you could, yes, you'll get used to it and won't even think about it one day. :)

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    16. pc1

pc1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Colds virus
      Thanks for your update.

How would you describe your improvements over the past 4 years, e.g., are you experiencing more quiet days or quiet evenings?