Besides Tinnitus, What Other Symptoms Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rockchickie, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Rockchickie

Rockchickie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otex Ear Drops
      I have the following:
      • Ear clicking when swallowing
      • Headaches
      • Neck and jaw pain
      • When I open my mouth or eat, my tinnitus increases temporarily
      • Ear popping
      • Jaw making banging noises and cracking randomly
      • New noises constantly
      • Ears dont pop at the same time
      What are your symptoms? And did you ever get diagnosed with anything?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      Man, not to undermine your situation, but that sounds like a walk in the park compared to ME/CFS which was the main inducer of my tinnitus.

BTW, I've had the ear clicking when swallowing since I was a child so for me it's totally normal. I guess I can count my blessings.

3. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Interstitial Cystitis.

4. CW Dragon
      Conehead

CW Dragon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Impulse Noise
      Diplacusis: Left ear: lower pitched hearing; Right ear: full-range pitch hearing.

One of the very few benefits is I can understand words/lyrics better since I guess my brain has two sounds to work with... provided I actually listen to music with my left ear.

ETD: Middle ear swells up and hasn't popped since my acoustic trauma.

Hyperacusis: Non-painful rattling sensation when noises comes thru left ear.

5. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      @Óscar PP - any idea how this works? I know that people with ME/CFS can have tinnitus also.

6. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      Yes, it's like a merry-go-round from hell. I guess some of us are just prone to misfortune, by some sick law of cosmic fuckery.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    7. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      Another issue with the autonomic nervous system? Do you have a history of anxiety?

8. Johan82

Johan82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection or noise
      I also have ear muscle twitching (ear myoclonus).

9. Yoshi
      Wishful

Yoshi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earphones, Bus Braking, Burping (air enters ear canal)
      Reactive tinnitus: Some years ago I started hearing sharp feedback whenever I encountered some frequencies in music. It responds noticeably to genres like rock.

Patulous Eustachian Tube: Randomly Eustachian tube remains open and I can hear whooshing air whenever I breathe or hear my voice very loudly when I speak. Drinking water usually fixes it.

Internal burps/belching into ear: Worst symptom. For some reason I randomly, forcefully burp into my ear sometimes, usually the left ear canal. Feels like a very forceful and sudden Valsalva maneuver accompanied by eardrum stretching, not a conscious decision and I have a feeling it's responsible for my previous two symptoms. I rarely find people with same issue, and doctors don't know what it is or care.

• Like Like x 1
    10. martinberryhorse

martinberryhorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug 5, 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One hard cough
      It doesn't happen when I burp, but it does if I try to blow my nose, or even just exhale hard through my nose. It's actually how I got tinnitus over 3 years ago by coughing too hard and forcing air/mucus into my Eustachian tube. It only does it through the left ear now, and ever since after my onset. And just like you, my doctor's eyes glaze over the minute I bring it up.

11. SamRosemary

SamRosemary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think I have TTTS. I get a morse code which sounds and sometimes feels like something is twitching around in there. Additionally my panic attacks and tinnitus seem to go hand in hand. Not sure which causes which, but they seem to be related.

Additionally, I have been getting some nerve pain and numbness which I think is from my hips/back and could be related. And more recently jaw pain - which I didn’t have before. Could be stress related from clenching though.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Joe Cuber Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gradual hearing loss + a huge amount of stress
      Hey @SamRosemary - I also have been experiencing numbness. My numbness is along the left side of my neck, face, and skull. It's from sitting too long with bad posture while working and also clenching my jaw. My left ear has been experiencing pain and twitching some which I think is all related. I'm wearing a night guard at night now which I think has been helping. Where's your numbness?