Bilateral High Pitched Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Heff, May 1, 2020.

1. Heff

Heff Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I started having Bilateral High Pitched Pulsatile Tinnitus 1/2019 Did endure a head injury weeks before. Nothing ridiculous that required going to a hospital. But just noting the timing. Hit in the forehead and nose, felt like my nose was hit pretty hard. Since then I have also had Post Nasal Drip. Crackling ears, popping ears. Can Eustachian tube dysfunction cause this? Maybe I damaged something from the head injury. Deviated septum maybe?

I have gotten tinnitus after flying and my ears seem to take forever to clear. Everyone else I am with is usually back to normal fairly quickly.

I do also suffer from GERD, that is pretty bad. Not sure if reflux can cause tinnitus as well.

The tinnitus seemed to start out on the left side, but months later was noticed on the right as well.

I do have noise induced high frequency hearing loss in both ears. Just in the upper frequencies. Voice recognition was fine. Not sure if that can make me more aware of the blood flow in my ears.

Had an MRI, nothing was found. Doctor does not feel it is anything crazy. Based on the high frequency noise and being bilateral.

Sometimes it will be just a non stop high pitch sound. Other times seems to be in sync with my pulse. Louder when bending over.

When I get out of the shower it is a lot louder. Also if I am around loud noises it seems to get louder when I go back to a silent room.

Also I can change the tone with jaw movements. Pulling my jaw all the way in almost silences it completely.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this sort of tinnitus?

• Genius Genius x 1
    2. Kendra

Kendra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL/ Acoustic Trauma
      Has your tinnitus gotten any better? Praying for you!

3. Padraigh Griffin

Padraigh Griffin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Stress
      I kind of have something like this I think. Haven’t seen a doctor yet but do have similar features to you. Just wondering if you have any update?

• Agree Agree x 1