Bluetooth Headphones That Do Not Block Noise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by RudyL90, Nov 12, 2016.

1. RudyL90

RudyL90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      I am in search for bluetooth headphones that do not isolate the noise from outside. So anything that is in-ear will not work. I could get hearing aids with masking function, but these would cost 600 euros. Way too expensive for devices which cannot even change the volume setting!

At the moment I use simple ear-buds (without the rubber thingies), these wires are sometimes a pain in the ***.

Any suggestions?

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @RudyL90
      Just giving you a little advice and hope that you don't mind. If you are sure that your tinnitus wasn't caused by "exposure to loud noise", then using headphones might be okay but I advise to keep the volume low as possible. If you are using them to totally mask your tinnitus so that it can't be heard, then this isn't a good idea, as your brain will not learn to habituate to the tinnitus. Whatever sound you are playing through the headphones, try to keep the volume below the tinnitus; in other words make sure you can hear your tinnitus above the audio being played.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RudyL90

RudyL90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety disorder
      Hi Michael,

Thank you for your advise. I know I shouldn't fully mask the T, though I still do when my reaction to it is too heavy. First I need habituation of my reaction before my brain can habituate to the false orchestra.
      I try to use masking as little as possible. I only need it in quiet rooms.

Regards,
      Rudy