Botox Injections Into Stapedius or Tensor Tympani Muscle? Where to Find an ENT Who Performs It?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mojo, Nov 22, 2015.

1. ShellyW

ShellyW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16th November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      injury to neck
      @Greg Sacramento Thank you for your concern Greg. No, not yet found anyone in Sydney who performs this for middle ear. Continuing the search.....

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @ShellyW
      Maybe check with neurosurgeons that do precise procedures, but there are few doctors that do this procedure anywhere.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    3. ShellyW

ShellyW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16th November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      injury to neck
      Thankyou

4. Sarah101

Sarah101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      @ShellyW did you ever get any relief? I am having similar thumping problems and I am getting very stressed about it

• Like Like x 1
    5. Irmentis
      Curious

Irmentis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middleear Myoclonus
      Hey there,

I’m new here, female, 35 Years old, from Germany and have the same Problem. I have MEM. My Problem seems to be the Tensor Tympani. You could see the Spams on the Typanogram.. It looked a bit like a overactive ECG…

And I have Palate Myoclonus as well and get Botox for it.. I still had the Surgery for cutting the Muscles in the Middle ear (both Stapedius and Tympani.) After that, the MEM went away for 1 ½ Years and now, it starts again. I have again thumping and fluttering/vibrating and I can feel the Spams in the Ear as well. I don’t know why this Issue comes again but well, it doesn’t matter

I’m thinking about the same Treatment like Mojo here too now. (I still have two Docs in Germany who can do that…) When you read Literature about these kind of Treatment, it seems to work. Can you perhaps share some Experience here to me…? (And sorry if my English isn't the Best.)

Thanks a lot, Irmi

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Sarah101

Sarah101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      @Irmentis do you know why the thumping would come back if both the muscles are already cut? How frequent is the thumping in your ears?

7. Irmentis
      Curious

Irmentis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middleear Myoclonus
      Yeah – there is a possible Reason for it. I visited my ENT-Surgeon these Days. She’s a really good Doc and I trust her absolutly. She says it can happen, that you get a Kind of Operation-Scar in the Ear. That’s why, the Tensor Tympani proceeds with a kind of Sling to the Ear Drum/Auditory Ossicle. With the first OP, she has detached these Sling. It’s not a Muscle cutting in the totally meaning of the Word.

But the Distance between the Muscle Sling and the Ossicle is very smal. It can happen, that it tangles again (what doesn’t mean grow together again, that the Muscle can’t do.) But there’s Ichor and such things in the Ear, what can make it stick together/caulk. (Hope you understand, what I mean xd.) And when there’s Contact again, it thumps again. She wants to try now, to put a little Silicone- Piece between the Sling and the Ossicle, so that can’t happen again. Like a kind of „Doorstopper“. If this doesn’t work (yeah second OP, I know….) we’ll try Botox.

And it was more a low frequent Thing, if I remember well. But thumping is thumping, these Thing really sucks :( .

8. Sarah101

Sarah101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      @Irmentis it sounds like you have a really great doctor trying to help you. I really hope I can find a doctor so great as yours. May I ask, did you have any issues with the surgery? Could you give me a run down of how it went and how long it took to recover. Also did you have tinnitus (noise rather than thumping) before the operation and did the operation change that at all?

9. Irmentis
      Curious

Irmentis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middleear Myoclonus
      Yes, she’s really nice and I would say, even a Kind of motherly Woman. May I ask where are you from..? If it isn’t too far away for you and all so, I can give you her Mailadress. She usually writes back. No, the Surgery didn’t hurt much. Sure, you’re in Anesthesia in this time. And after I had only the first Day a bit of Pain. But it was more like there’s something sore. I should take 3 Painkillers the Day, but I only took one, `cose I thought that was enough. I didn’t want to take more Drugs than nesesarry.

But you can only do one Ear in the Surgery, not both together. That’s simply too much for the Body. Between the first and the second OP must be a Distance from 6 – 8 Weeks. I know many Guys are freeking out, because this Surgery has so much Risks. Well, I think, you must see that objective. The Docs must say this about the Risks, `cose it CAN happen. But the most Time there happens nothing. And every OP has Risks, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much.

Yes I have Tinnitus also, but this I had even before the Myoclonus startet. That has nothing to do with this Condition. He’s quiet the most Time and not an Problem anymore. I made Tinnitus Retraining for this and it worked.

10. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, when you had MEM, did you have any reactive T/dysacusis along with it?

11. JeanettVDavidsen

JeanettVDavidsen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Irmentis Do you still have the email for the surgeon who performed the operation in Germany?