Breathing Difficulties and Steam Inhalation

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Mister Muso, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I was diagnosed with stress-related breathing difficulties some years ago, after a year or two when my dad died, my sister's marriage went through a horrible breakup and I was working under the boss from hell. These problems disappeared when I moved job 3 years ago, but since my tinnitus has blown up this year, my breathing difficulties are back with a vengeance. I've read too that amitrptylene can include shortness of breath as a side-effect, but I'm sticking with it as it's helping my hyperacusis.

I find that using a steam inhalation cup helps, with a few menthol or eucalyptus crystals. I'm trying to avoid drugs and go for more natural solutions where possible to my various maladies.

Just wondering if anyone knows where to get a wider variety of flavours of such crystals other than menthol & eucalyptus? I'm in the UK.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
    3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Gaba can help with both tinnitus and breathing difficulty (if asthma like symptoms) because it is a bronchodilator.

Have you investigated your breathing problems to ensure you're not missing a physical cause?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Yes I've had chest x-rays, CT scans, you name it. It's not asthma though the treatment uses the same inhalers.

Thanks for the tip though. I've heard that NAC can help with breathing difficulties too so will keep going with that.

5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      NAC helps raise glutathione...

Also helps with excess mucus and disrupts biofilm.

• Like Like x 1