Burning Tongue and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paromita, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Paromita
      Cool

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      Hello,

I am having a burning tongue for past 2-3 days....it was there before too, but now its too much...

anybody else have a burning tongue with tinnitus ?

Thanks, Mita

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Do you have a light white coating on your tongue ? Because could be oral thrush and a mouth treatment will cure it.
      Try a mouth wash too.....lots of love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Glynis, Well I do not see any much white coating on my tongue....I think its one of those weird nuerological issues I am facing most probably.....I wish I had my tooth removed on time and did not wait for 10 years with abcess! :(:bawling::banghead:

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I have weird neurological stuff too. The tip of my tongue is numb.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Any history of dental problems, when did you first get this ? Thanks, Mita

6. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      No dental problems. I got symptoms a month after having my daughter who was born via C-section. A chiropractor said my symptoms are all caused by old whiplash injuries. ENT said i had labyrinthitis and can't explain my other symptoms. I also get this feeling like there is an earthquake.

7. Mojo

Mojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Could be a vitamin b12 deficiency you can google it up ;keywords b12 and Sally Pacholok

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks, most prob not, I did have a recent blood test and everything there looked normal except for D3....I also do take vitamin B12 daily 1000 mcg...

9. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      I would bet it had something to do with your dental problems. I once had an injection of novacaine for having a filling done and had numbness on one side of my tongue for several monthes where there was some nerve damage done from the injection site. It will probably go away on its own in time but wouldnt hurt to ask your dentist about it.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi William!

Thanks for your view, I think my whole T trouble started because of this dental issue and trigeminal nerve issue. I had abscessed tooth for 10 years and it grew serious and inflamed and I did not pay attention to it. My T and burning actually started before the tooth surgery, so cannot blame my dentist for it. Yes, the injections and tooth pulling might have made it worse for sure.

I spoke to a research lady in Michigan University called Susan Shore and she told me there is some kind of impact on my trigeminal nerve (as I have tingling and numbness on my nose as well)....and that is causing the T as well. She told me if they treat the trigeminal nerve, most prob the T will also go away, but again, no promises.... :(

I am stuck right now, I have seen two numerologist and both wont give me any medication. The later one if asking for a MRI with contrast and I am not comfortable injecting the contrast material into my body....so dont know what to do...:dunno::banghead:
      Right now I only have burning and tingling and numbness, hoping this does not get worse, praying to God... Mita

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      By the way, hows it going with the Kevin Hogan CDs, are they of any help ? Thanks, Mita

12. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Hi Mita,
      I think for the most part my volumn may be down just a bit but my anxiety is way down I believe between the cds, more exercise, accupuncture and a low dose of xanax and keeping busy Im doing pretty good with my T. Trying to get motivated to take tai chi classes on thursday evenings. I have been working on stress reduction listening to liquid minds and nature sounds on you tube first thing in the morning and one hour before bed. I believe avoiding as much stress as possible and keeping adreniline down is key to getting better wit T. Thanks for asking Mita and wish you the best always.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thats good to hear! I am still taken anti anxiety Buspar (15mg per day) and taking walks....also had a session with Julian Cowen over Skype, he recommended cranosecral therapy and yoga to me...I was thinking about buying Kevin's CDs if that helps....and I hear you are saying they seem to be helping...

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      I had terrible mouth problems before the onset of tinnitus - if you're interested, I have made at least one very lengthy post about it. The cause in my case was a drug allergy.