Bursts of Electric Sounds in Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by sven1987, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sven1987

sven1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music at concert
      Occasionally I get very short electric sounds in my ear. They mostly last for half a second or less. It's kind of hard to explain. It's like the sound of a gentle spark of electricity. Anybody else experience the same thing?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Tinnitus brings many types of sounds, I experience that sound when you get your, hearing tested with those unique tones. It lasts 2 seconds for me and I rarely get those sounds. This is all part of the tinnitus life, that we live.

3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Yes, I have done a great deal of research on this subject. Your ears may be sensitive to electrical currents. It's usually temporary. Many take magnesium and B12 for a period of about weeks. Also consider wearing latex free gloves, the type that your dentist, nurse or others in a medical field would use. You can buy a box of these gloves at any pharmacy. Try wearing the gloves when using anything with an electrical current source such as a vacuum or appliance for a week. If your tinnitus is less after getting sleeping all night, not having been on your feet, then consider the magnesium and B12.