Can Anyone Help Please? Can a Hearing Test Cause Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by wainright, Apr 25, 2016.

1. wainright

wainright Member

Tinnitus Since:
      month
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hi Everyone,
      I was recently referred to a Neurotologist because of vertigo, which has been diagnosed as BPPV...after a hearing test it was discovered that I have some hearing loss in one ear and have to have an MRI scan which is a big worry. I now have tinnitus (at least 2 different sounds) in the same ear..yet I didn't have it before the hearing test...how can this happen??
      I also have ringing in the other ear too, but only hear it when I put my head backwards...I don't understand why this happens and hope someone will be able to explain this.

Thank you in advance

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus can be caused from ear,jaw and neck problems.
      How long have you had vertigo for ....lots of love glynis

3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I'm not sure why a hearing test could cause it. I think you should call the Neurotologist.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @wainright
      Have you tried this vertigo exercise for BBPV. It works like a charm for me a few weeks back when I woke up after dozing to a spinning world. LOL. One exercise later, most of the symptoms of vertigo gone. After that one more exercise I was back to normal again and no more symptoms up to now. This is from a lady MD with the University of Colorado and she used this exercise to heal her own vertigo. Try it and see if it works for you.

Carol Foster, MD Vertigo Treatment Oct 11

• Like Like x 1