Can Noise Damage Your Ossicles?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MrCrybaby, Jan 15, 2020.

1. MrCrybaby

MrCrybaby Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2014, 10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      School Band, Noxious Car Radio
      Hi, I’m having a really hard time with clicking in my ears when swallowing and yawning. I don’t suspect ETD, because my ears clear just fine. It’s taking me to my wits’ end.

Is it possible that this could be from damage to the ossicles? I’m struggling to find any real information on clicking in the ears in relation to acoustic trauma.

I’m just so disgusted that I let this happen to me, all I want to do is cry.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      I seriously doubt it. Noises when swallowing and yawning are pretty normal. You're probably just focussing more on every little thing since your acoustic trauma, which is a common thing to do.

If you had damage to your ossicles it would affect your hearing.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MrCrybaby

MrCrybaby Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2014, 10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      School Band, Noxious Car Radio
      Thanks for your reasoned response. You’re right, I’m pretty obsessed with listening to every little noise. I’ve got a lot of other life stress that I think I’m acting out through my tinnitus distress too.

And that’s so true! I didn’t think of that. My hearing is normal up to 8kHz supposedly (dr never showed me the audiogram) so I must have healthy ear bones.

Thanks for indulging my panic.

4. Tweedleman
      Depressed

Tweedleman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Noise
      How are you doing with this now? I'm having the same ear crackling noises since my acoustic trauma (stupidly loud metal concert). I hear it when I swallow and yawn, but this seems to go beyond normal eustachian tube noises, I can hear and feel my eardrum crackle/twitch/vibrate at varying degrees. At it's worst it sounds like a broken speaker. Usually happens immediatly after I finish speaking at a certain volume, or in reaction to certain pitches in others voices (usually womens). I also have a "normal audiogram" but my hearing feels off in so many aspects.