Can Noise-Induced Hearing Loss Cause Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by nuno1976, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Damien Cavanagh
      No Mood

Damien Cavanagh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Distorted PA at a club
      Hi Paul... stress level has been very high for months, but due to changing circumstances should come down soon.
      The footstep hiss is always there, but when I'm less stressed I don't really care about it. Currently the thing that's getting me down is the pulsating somatic T (not PT apparently...) Hopefully it will all start to improve with reduced stress..

2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      From link. In conclusion, it has been reported that the underlying pathology of pulsatile tinnitus can be detected in more than 70% of patients with objective tinnitus.

I'm starting to see 70% or more in so many newer medical journal discussions as well. I have saved many professional journal articles that detail all forms of PT tinnitus including hums, ear humming and thumping and most now associate the jugular and vertebral arteries as cause.
      https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Mana...us+with+normal+otoscopic+findings-a0433532192

Another increasing source is tinnitus or increased tinnitus from a dental experience where it's not just about the noise of the drill, but movement of the neck with effects on the jugular and vertebral arteries.

There's increasing articles that associate GERD, IBS, thyroid, heart, hyperextension of neck, posture, the neck, intercranial hypertension, jugular vein, vertebral artery, other arteries, atlantoaxial joints, toxins and the jaw which any of these problems can associate together and to other tinnitus cause conditions.

Also more newer medical research journal articles say that toxins are a major associated reason why one develops tinnitus.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I know this post is two years old but could you send me a link to the chart of radiological tests you posted? Thanks.

4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      • Hug Hug x 2
    5. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
    6. DaveyJones
      No Mood

DaveyJones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/19/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      From my personal experience, PT can absolutely be caused by acoustic trauma. It’s how mine started. I think for PT to be related to acoustic trauma, it has to be caused by a very low frequency noise. For me, I was right on top of a bass speaker. I’ve seen an article about mice developing arterial constriction in the ear after exposure to sound, but I can’t find the link right now

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I also think PT can be a result of noise trauma. I have it on and off. Fortunately, it is rare in my case, but it happens sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      Noise induced hearing loss cannot cause pulsatile tinnitus. It you have PT, your hearing is normal and you're hearing the blood flow in your head.

9. Gabriel5050
      No Mood

Gabriel5050 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (most likely)
      What are you basing your statement on?

10. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      This is the type of open-minded curiosity, and willingness to consider new correlations, which I believe will help find effective treatments for our various conditions.

Many of us have been told be ENT consultants that our tinnitus cannot be noise induced because we have TMJ, or an ETD, or something else. In reality it may well be that one form of tinnitus does increase your likelihood of developing another, or that there may be multiple causes for the symptoms we are experiencing.

Let's continue to support one another by refusing to put each other into the boxes that some members of the medical profession would put us into, and by listening to each other's stories.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      Science and my own experience. I've consulted with many surgeons and have had 4 neurosurgeries to date. My PT was caused by an underlying cerebrovascular issue, when that was remedied, the PT was cured.

If You Have Pulsatile Tinnitus, Here's the First Thing You Need to Do to Get Answers and a Diagnosis

Also, written by outstanding neuro interventional radiologists:

http://neuroangio.org/diagnosis-and-treatment-of-pulsatile-tinnitus/