Can this be tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marias21, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      Hi for the last 3 weeks I have fullness in my left ear with pain and ringing at the biggining it dint bother me and I colud sleep but last week it was really loud and I colud not sleep I whent to the er to unclog my ear it did nothing. so I thought it's was my sinsinuses got a over the conter med and took it for 3 days it seam to help but the ringing and fullness still there but at the 2 day. I notice my ringing loud completely stop around 1am till the next moring and again the next day around 10pm finly last Friday. I whent to a different er and they gave me a starod nose spray I started using it Saturday and on Sunday night my ringing was so low almost gone. Yestuday when I whent to bed the lound ringing came back so I got up and with in 15 minutes it stop and I was able to sleep the whole night istill have ringing but its really low and this is day 4 of my nose spray allergy med how likely this colud be tinnitus

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      Forgot to add my ringing can go from loud vto sof thought out the day

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Yes, the ringing is tinnitus. But you may have a mild case of temporary tinnitus. So hopefully it will go away for good. So don't worry too much. Even if it continues, you should be able to habituate to it if you don't worry about it. All the best.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      every ear noise is called "Tinnitus" because that's just the name for ringing in the ear. So yes, what you are experiencing is Tinnitus unfortunately. But if it is related to eustachian tube problems or something like that, it might go away especially as you already had phases where it went away. If you haven't been to an ENT/audiologist yet, you should still go and get your hearing tested.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      My hearing is good it just fell like it's cloged and sometimes I do get pain

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I have real minor T and i get these pains in my ears kinda like shootin pain is all i can describe it.. Never in my life have i had it before the T so im thinkin its cause of that loud exposure.. But when it happens it hurts so bad!

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      From all I have been reading and what you have said how likely its this permanent

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Unfortunately that no one can tell! For many people it goes away and is only temporary and for many other people it stays. Let's just hope for the best in your case, it hasn't been long for you... If it doesn't go away you will habituate soon and probably won't even notice the ringing so either way you will probably be fine.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      Have any of you experienc this this morning my t was mild when I left to get my moring decaf coffee I notice mt t waas gone by gone I mean I colud not hear it any more even with plugins my ear with my finger it stayed like that till 10:30 : thin it whent mild again its been doingc that all day im happy but I don't want to get my hopes up