Can Tinnitus Be Caused by Having a Neck Problem?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Vegas Robb, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      I just discovered that when I bend my neck to the left I get a straight tone. And when I straighten it back up it stops.. Is this possible? I have had a stiff neck for a few years...

2. yes!!! google scm muscle and T, you are on to something :) anyways, I have tmj and neck issues and know for a fact, that certain positions like straining cause me another T and when i do trigger point work on myself/google clair davies...My ear symptoms diminish...however my tmj is quite severe and by the next day or after I eat, I am back in spasm...so, yes, scm muscle...:)

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      Thanks so,much Street Spirit... I'm going to google this and then make an appointment with my chiropractor ...you've been a big help..I'll try whatever i can to beat this crap....

• Like Like x 1
    4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Hello @Vegas Robb - Yes, I believe your neck can be a factor in your T. My T started a long time ago, but so did my neck problems. I was literally out of my mind with horrendous noise yesterday and today I am much better. I massaged my neck muscles and tried to have better posture. I also started doing physical therapy on my upper body and neck. I am thru seeing Chiros for awhile as their bone cracking might do more harm than good.

I took quite a few pills that may have helped...gabapentin/clonazepam combo, sulphur pills (you put 4 under your tongue) I referenced this website the other day on somatic tinnitus. Greg & others have some great ideas there. http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Tinnitus/forum/6659570-somatic-tinnitus

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vegas Robb
      Alone

Vegas Robb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/26/13
      Thanks a bunch..helpful...Robert

6. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      This video of trigger point massage for tinnitys looks quite good...
      Home Trigger Point Therapy for Tinnitus,...

• Like Like x 1
    7. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Very useful video thanks for posting

8. RuRU

RuRU Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2005
      I am certain my tinnitus is related to my trap spasms and environment noise in my daily life. And stretching and strengthening helps some...

9. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      My physiotherapist moved the ultrasound probe over my neck muscles and my T STOPPED completely for 2 days! I believe my neck is causing most of the tinnitus as my tinnitus started after I hit my head which I suspect might have injured my neck as well

Stiff neck and muscle spasms can cause tinnitus. TENS machine and ultrasound is of immense help here

10. erniej
      Sporty

erniej Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      I did some GENTLE neck exercises and stretching and now my tinnitus is through the roof. I have always been able to change the volume and pitch of it even when it wasn't so bad. But I never had this reaction. It started about 5 days ago when I saw some neck exercises on YouTube and followed along. I wish I never did that. My ears are SCREAMING. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm having panic attacks.
      I posted on Benzobuddies about 6 days ago how wonderful I was feeling and how my tinnitus had finally went away and now this.

11. Konstadinos

Konstadinos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (diagnosed with ETD, TMJD and Straigtened Neck)
      Are you better now?