Can Trobalt Be Taken Only on Spike Days?

Discussion in 'Support' started by LostInNorcal, Dec 14, 2015.

1. LostInNorcal

LostInNorcal Member

So I'm a new poster but have been reading tinnitus talk for years. I'm really interested in Trobalt.
      I have had tinnitus for 6 years plus. It's the cvt tv type hiss, and 3-4 days a week it's bearable, but the other days are hell.
      My question is, is Trobalt effective if taken just on those spike days.
      I use to take Xanax on spike days but built tolerance quickly and experienced more anxiety when off and seemed to have more spikes following days I took Xanax.
      Anyways been off Xanax for probly 30+ days after using it on and off for a few months. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      my personal, anecdotal answer is "no". There's no good answer to this, because unlike Xanax which has been at least somewhat researched for tinnitus, there's no clinical data on how Trobalt affects tinnitus in humans.

So, the best advice is, be very careful. The theory is that trobalt can interact with neuroplastic processes which impact the tinnitus signal; if that's really the case, then it would be foolish to not assume that Trobalt used incorrectly could make tinnitus worse. As for what "incorrectly" means... well, we don't have any data.

• Agree Agree x 1