Can You Create Your Own Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Steve A, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I focused on verifying if I had tinnitus
      I feel you man, before tinnitus I was a silence freak, I always put my earphones in train without music just to muffle the sound, I always needed complete silence to sleep, and loved silence because it would give me peace. My room is dead silence and that's also why I used to love morning, because of the quiet.

I also always catch very easily sounds, for example a bulb light at the other side of the room would annoy me even if it was just the slightest of noise because I would hear it. Work with faint music from outside, I would instant focus on it, I guess because I am a musician, but anyway my brain always caught every sound like a wild animal.

I think this has play a big part in my tinnitus not going away (and coming altogether).

I am looking right now with EMDR, I strongly believe it could work, because believe it or not, I use to do it myself even before knowing about it and got rid of a tinnitus noise like that at the beginning. And then I read about it and I was like "man I am a genious" :ROFL:

I will also try psilocybin... stay tuned.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. ASilverLight
      In pain

ASilverLight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise, stress and a neck injury.
      Lol dude, sounds like me, I'm just not a musician. I thrived in silence. Don't get me wrong, when doing something (writing, cleaning etc) I'd always have some music playing in the background, but anything that required more concentration I'd have complete silence for. Same with sleep. I've never been able to sleep with noise - or any light for that matter. My brain fixates on them lol, I blame ADHD.

I do wonder to what degree having ADHD influences my ability to (not) tune out tinnitus. Plus like you I'm a big audiophile and any noise would just catch my attention, no matter how soft/faint. I still get that, which is the strangest thing. I hear super soft noises, also really high pitched noises other people my age can't even pick up on any more, despite my tinnitus... and yet I can play music on low volumes and it doesn't drown out my tinnitus.

Let me know how you get on with both things!