Can You Help Me? Is There a Medication That Helps with Sleep but Doesn't Make You Fat?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Annika12345, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Annika12345

Annika12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I have had tinnitus since 2017, I was given mirtazapine and it helped but I gained nearly 3 stone.

Doctor took me off them and now I am on amitriptyline but I have been told that also courses weight gain.

I am feeling so low about my weight and the noise.

Is there anything else I can take which helps with sleep but doesn't make me really fat.

I ask myself if we saw an animal suffering like this and there was no cure. Wouldn't the best thing to do is to put it down so it doesn't suffer.

Sometimes I just want some one to put me down. There are people battling through cancer all sorts and I can't put up with a sound.

Therefore with that logic I should be put down as the weak minded don't survive.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I didn't gain any weight when I took amitriptyline.

Stop eating bread and other starchy foods (rice, spaghetti) and sweets, and you will lose weight. It will be difficult only for a couple of weeks, and from then on this healthy habit will be easy to keep up. You can also try intermittent eating (fast for 36 hours, two times a week).

3. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      CANCER will kill but SOUND will not kill people.
      This is why the society put more funding on research of Cancer.
      But, T is a chronicle pain torturing our souls.
      I can share your feeling of death. Sometimes, I have it too.
      My tinnitus & hyperacusis deteriorate very fast within six months.
      A lot of other members are in same situation.
      But, among us in TT forums, there are many winners like @billie48 or @fishbone
      who motivate us to move on.

Please hang in there and God bless !

• Like Like x 2
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      You said it best buddy! Cancer can indeed take lives. I was talking with a friend just right now and he is having lots of stomach issues. I told him exactly what you just posted. I said that I am annoyed with this sound and it is brutal. I will live with this sound but he needs to take care of himself and try not to make his health worst.

My tinnitus is at demonic levels now and it has covered majority of my hearing. Even lip reading is not working as much anymore. That's ok, I am adjusting and I am planning ways to live my life as usual.

I don't know what it means to give up!

I hope those that are afflicted never give up, it's a tough battle, it really is.

We need to have a plan, we need to take those baby steps. Never let the ringing stop you......

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I use Melatonin (5mg TimeRelease) to sleep.
      It will not gain weight. I lost weight instead.

6. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      This is...awful. You probably get asked this a lot but...do you wear hearing aids?

7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I am amazed at the level of hell that rings out my head. The hearing loss is brutal as well. I'll put it this way, the tinnitus right now is kinda like water. It's like jumping in water and it muffling your hearing. The tinnitus puts such a high layer between I have hearing aids at home that have built in ocean sounds. It is helpful to me and I use it quite a bit. Only issue I face with them is that the clarity on them is not that great at all....

I'll be looking for an audiologist, that understands tinnitus as well. Life seems to get harder for me day by day, but I love proving adversity wrong!

This is not the life that I imagined that i'd be living. On the other hand, it is what it is. I still have the fire burning inside me to to great things and help people and make a difference. Neither the demon tinnitus nor the absurd hearing loss will stop me......

• Winner Winner x 1