Can't Get Rid of That Mosquito Noise in My Ear

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John Berg, Mar 19, 2014.

1. John Berg
      Cheeky

John Berg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      For the last 4 months I have got this high - pitched ringing in my ears. I hope to find a solution to this very soon, because it's quite trying to never hear quietness. I am not sure why I got this, but my doctor said I had some damaged blood veins in my ear. He think they could have been damaged when cleaning my ears. I am not sure that's reason though. I have started to do more research about the symptoms and write about it on my blog and found that there are many people with the same problems.

I am looking forward to see you all in the forum.

2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Sorry to hear that. Damage from qtips? This sight is great and there is a lot of different information. Check out thetreatments section maybe it could be helpful. Goodluck!

3. John Berg
      Cheeky

John Berg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks, I'll need it. Just like the rest of us. Having one of those bad days today. The ringing is even louder when I get tired in the evening. :(

4. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      The best relief I have had was massaging my SCM muscle and it's trigger points according to this video. When I found the spot and squeezed if for a minute or so, my T spiked, I got radiating headaches all over the head and after that my T was quite silent for three days. This experience led me to treat triggers point more and I'm still on that path.

5. John Berg
      Cheeky

John Berg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks, Sound Wave! I will definitely try that out tonight.

6. Djurov

Djurov Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2014
      How old are you ?

7. John Berg
      Cheeky

John Berg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Why you ask?

8. Djurov

Djurov Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2014
      You look young. I cought my tinnitus 3month ago, and im only 23..
      Doctors say that is due to reduced hearing, but i dont believe that! Ive never listened to high music nor concerts

I believe my tinnitus came from a cold, after the cold i has a watery sound in one ear and shortly after i had tinntus.. Can you increase/decrease yours by movement or stretches of the head, mouth ?

9. John Berg
      Cheeky

John Berg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I am not that young anymore. I am well over 30. My T is very consistent no matter how I move my head. Maybe a slight increase when I open my mouth wide open. I had a cold lately, but the T came before that. I do sit a lot in front of PC monitor because of my job. Could that be a reason?

10. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      ^ look up 'forward head posture' and it's relation to neck and jaw problems, which can cause T. I started a thread about this some weeks ago. FHP is a very common symptom for people who sit in front of computers all day long.

11. kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Wait... Tinntius is caused by a cold and jaw problems?

Everytime I open my mouth my ear become unsticky..

12. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      i just hope you don't confuse the ear with "sticky" rice :)