Cataract Eye Exam

Discussion in 'Support' started by Petloy, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      I'm going for an eye exam for my cataract...has anyone experience a spike with their T due to the eyedrops that is used to dilate the pupils? Thanks...

2. dianerose

dianerose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2006
      Hi, I had PRK done...photorefractive keratectomy (similar to lasik) on Sept 13th. I don't recall a spike with the eyedrops used to dialate my pupils during a prior assessment in preparation for the surgery....however my T (which I've had since 2006) decreased immensley with the use of the medications prescribed which I used the following 3 days. I had a Xanax before the surgery and a local anesetic applied to the eyes. I took Torodol (an NSAID) once every 6 hrs for three days and diclaudid (a narcotic) every 4 hrs for 3 days. I was also on gravol (with the diclaudid, for nausea), tylenol once every 4 hours and special eye drops for the pain every 4 hours and an antibiotic eyedrop... I can't find the names of the drops at present, but if you are interested I will find them.

After the three days, the lenses that were in my eyes were removed and I no longer took the meds as per instructed. During that 3 days while on the medications my eyes pained me intensley.... so I can't imagine what it would have been like without the medication, however the T was almost gone.... it came back with a vengence after the medications were used.
      Diane

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Thanks Diane...My opthal appointment is this friday....will definitely have more questions....-))

Peter

4. dianerose

dianerose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2006
      :), good luck with it, you will be just fine... I know having the T makes things like that a little harder.