Catching Up With You Guys!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cher69, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Hi T-family I do keep checking in see how things r going for the guys I met in this forum when T became part of my life !

Well not that long ago I thought it was gone - I was sleeping all night and although its still there sometimes it was totally not causing me any issues - recently I've had some stressful times with work and my T is back so I am 100% on the belief this is stress related for me - can I cope ?? Yes deffo as I can manage the tough times and things will improve ! I don't worry anymore!!

I have had some real work issues and sleepless nights and teenager daughters thrown into the mix been a tough few 6 months and my T was there every night keeping me company in the early hours !

But I have coping skills and this is what I think is the key ! To all newbies to T it's about accepting the noise is a noise - finding you coping skills whatever they r we have to find and learn them - moving on enjoying good times and coping with bad - try to focus on positives - remember your not alone!

Currently I'm not as good as I have been not as bad as I was - I know my current sleep and night noise will get better - I look forward to those times and just accept right now I need to ride a bumpy wave or 2 xx

Cher xx

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Cher!XXXXX

It's great to hear from you again, but I'm sorry you're having problems again with your tinnitus. Yes, the combination of work-related stress plus teenage daughters (and all that drama!) can certainly take its toll on your stress level. I know, because I used to have two teenage daughters myself.

You have definitely got the right idea about how to cope with it. It is truly about accepting the noise for what it is --- just a noise --- and going about your life as normally as possible.

I am sure things will be better for you soon. Take care, and keep us updated on how you're doing. It's really good to hear from you again. You've always been such an upbeat, positive influence. You will beat this, as you have before!

Lots of hugs,
      Karen

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      #Karen how lovely you posted to my thread - yes teenager daughters r certainly testing me if only I knew the baby years are the easiest lol !!

I do keep checking in and the past year my T was really not a focus to me I was sleeping with no masking but recently I have taken a few steps back but I know it's only a stage I will get through - funny how I know accept 3 or 4 hours sleep is ok I can cope !! 5-7 is a bonus 8 hours just don't do that anymore and I guess I don't need it ! Sleep was always my biggest issue !

I so admire you guys who manage this site helping support the 100s of people who find themselves with T your r all amazing people #markku #erik #steve - who i must meet one day in York ! #steve you fancy a coffee ?? Cher x

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Hi @Cher69 ,

I have read you success story posts and they have really helped me, as I have only had T for about 5 weeks. I am so sorry to hear that you have had a set back. I am thinking of you and hoping things settle down for you again soon. My boys ate still young but I am not looking forward to the teen years.

Danielle

• Hug Hug x 1