Cervical Spinal Conditions Causing Tinnitus and Alternative Therapies

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by EmiM, Oct 7, 2015.

1. EmiM

EmiM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/15
      Hi All,
      Thanks for all this good information. I had Graves disease and have been on Thyroid meds for @15 years. Changed several times from Synthroid to Natural Thyroid and just changed back to Synthroid a couple months ago due to not being able to regulate with the Natural Thyroid meds. I recently got T but it sounds like it is in my head sometimes, not just the ears. I also looked up problems with Cervical Spine issues causing Tinnitus and I thought you might like to read this article. I also wonder if those with T problems and those who have Acustic Neuromas might have tried some of the alternative therapies they suggest? Here is the link. http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/cervical+spondylosis

2. John G

John G Member

I had a bad fall on my head when I was a kid. I think it may have been the cause of my T. For years I have had issues/discomfort where the neck and skull meet. Crackling noises when I turned my head in any direction. I think I read if your atlas bone ( c1 I think) is out of allignment,it could cause tinnitus and other health issues.

Last week I finally decided to get an xray in that area I described above. The doc office called me today to do a follow-up from the xray that I did. Before I got the xray done,the doc said he would only call me for a follow-up if he found something in the xray.

I am going monday to find out more

3. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      John,please let us know what he says.I went to a nucca a few times, think I'm gonna have to go again.did you go to a reg. Chiropractor?

4. John G

John G Member

Hi Jeannie. It was just at a walkin clinic doctor I seen, and not my regular doctor. When I went for xray follow-up, all the doc found was that I have arthritis in the neck. Doc said nothing else. I am going to try to get a copy of the xray and maybe send a copy to a chiropactor guy that I have seen on youtube, and get his opinion.

5. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      i have started Physical therapy and stretching the neck to strenghten and it made my tinnitus louder and in middle of head for 3 days now along with sore neck, although i have ddd And a bulging disc and a hemangioma at c5. now i noticed i have a bruise on my eyelid now... very weird....hoping mine goes back to baseline tomm!!!

6. John G

John G Member

I am sure you will get better. Keep us posted on how you are doing with the physio.

• Like Like x 1