Changing Tinnitus After Waking Up

Discussion in 'Support' started by wonderful9235, Sep 9, 2018.

1. wonderful9235

wonderful9235 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/14/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello.

A month and a week ago I got high pitched tinnitus in one ear and low pitched tinnitus in another ear.

Last night I went to sleep with white noise as usual. I was calm, because the problem seemed to be lessening.

But when I woke up I heard a churning sound in my right ear, almost electronic like when a DVD player is loading.

The actual ringing used to be one consistent sound, but now it’s split into two parts: the original sound which is quieter, and one higher pitcher sound that comes and goes, but slightly louder. All of this is underneath this new staticky noise that is actually louder than the original ringing and harder to mask.

Does this mean anything? What causes non-ringing sounds. I heard that non ringing noises are healthier, but I’m honestly not sure. My ENT said that I have no hearing loss and I don’t have any problems with my ears whatsoever. I try to avoid loud surroundings as much as possible, and I don’t listen to earbuds anymore.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Over the course of 20 month, I've heard many sounds. Fluctuations will happen I know it can be alarming at first.

Funny that you mention the DVD loading sound because I have one tone that sounds like a hard drive loading, in fact it sounds exactly the same as my PC.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      the onset of tinnitus is not a steady situation. we are all VERY susceptible to further damage and a further degradation of our hearing systems.