Changing Volume Every Second

Discussion in 'Support' started by LovesToTeach, Apr 3, 2015.

1. LovesToTeach
      Chatty

LovesToTeach Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/pregnancy/stress
      So the T in my left ear changes volume every single second - it sounds like a microphone that is too close to a speaker, changing volume/pitch constantly. Sometimes I even get high pitch, metal-on-metal "zings" that hurt my brain. This started happening like a week ago. I thought I was just experiencing more fleeting T, and I am, but this is happening too!

Is this normal for tinnitus? Is my ear going to explode or something? I feel like its injured and won't heal or something. Don't know what to do...

• Creative Creative x 1
    2. s-viv
      Artistic

s-viv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concerts
      My one ear always changes pitch and volume constantly, it is almost like it has two tones going at once. My other ear is pretty consistently one tone.. I think my tone changing ear was closest to amp at a show. I think it is probably normal, but it would be even more normal if you were exposed to something..for me, I have to be careful about loud volume for a period of time(like a bar or concert) to cause a weird spike.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      This is what I mean when post about sounds hurting. The screeching and metel on metal sounds zinging around my brain and then into my ears. How the hell does a person get used to this when you don't know where the noise will zap you from one second to the next.

I have a loud pure tone that I don't care about, it's the noise moving and changing that gets me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LovesToTeach
      Chatty

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/pregnancy/stress
      @Telis so you get those too... It's almost like a "zap" sensation for me. A new and unwelcome development... When they happen I can feel my brain spasm!

5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yup. That's exactly what I feel, very unsettling. It feels like a spasm or a shiver in the brain. It makes me light headed at times as well.

6. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Sounds like hyperacusis? Do certain sounds higher it?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LovesToTeach
      Chatty

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/pregnancy/stress
      No, it's totally random. And painful. Seeing a neurologist tomorrow because I don't entirely think this is t related.

8. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @Telis yes i have that too.. It just keeps getting worse from stupid little noises and it feels like a noise wave hitting u in the ear and then the noises feel like they get louder and start swimming in ur head but really loud.. And i have a couple more tones in there also

9. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @Danny Boy almost all sounds hit you and it happens its ridiculous how bad it is..

10. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Look, it was I'm on trobalt so it's all good.

11. LifesABeach
      Depressed

LifesABeach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew
      Mine used to be just steady tones - different tones in each ear, but both were generally steady. Since it spiked about 4 months ago, mine shift/move around and that's makes it infinitely more difficult for me to ignore. Plus there's what sounds like a chainsaw running on one side and that goes up and down, too. It really sucks, to put it bluntly.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Michael R
      Woot

Michael R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes this is how mine is! I'm about 2 months in. Super high pitched that goes up and down slightly, then a loud eeee will come for about 3 seconds and leave, shocks my brain almost. It's driving me nuts, wish it would just remain constant.:confused:

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LovesToTeach
      Chatty

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/pregnancy/stress
      @Michael R yes! It feels like a brain shock! This is the worst part of my T - the noise I'm beginning to get used to, but the shocks are horrible!!!